New Covid testing guidance
From 14 December 2021, adults who are fully vaccinated and all children and young people aged between 5 and 18 years and 6 months identified as a contact of someone with COVID-19 are strongly advised to take a LFD test every day for 7 days and continue to attend their setting as normal, unless they have a positive test result.
Daily testing of close contacts applies to all contacts who are:
• fully vaccinated adults – people who have had 2 doses of an approved vaccine
• all children and young people aged 5 to 18 years and 6 months, regardless of their vaccination status
• people who are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons 12
• people taking part, or have taken part, in an approved clinical trial for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Children under 5 years are exempt from self-isolation and do not need to take part in daily testing of close contacts.
You will have undoubtedly seen the news reports about a shortage of LFD tests and difficulties ordering these through the NHS website. We hope that this will be resolved shortly, but in the meantime we’ve been advised that the fastest route for getting an LFD test is through a pharmacy or one of the other community testing hubs. You can use this link to find a pharmacy near you that offers the tests for collection: Find where to get rapid lateral flow tests - NHS (test-and-trace.nhs.uk)
* Protective measures for holiday or after-school clubs and other out-of-school settings for children during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) More info...
* Guidance for parents and carers of children attending out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) More info...