Bushcraft Competency Certificate Training
Who is it for?
Instructors, leaders and teachers who want to demonstrate that they have a basic level of safe and competent bushcraft skills and are following recommended good practice. The training course is recommended for people who want to progress to the IOL Bushcraft Competency Certificate.
This 3-day training course is practical and relevant for instructors, leaders and teachers working in all areas of outdoor learning - education, personal or professional development, therapy, expeditions, etc.
Courses are delivered by some of the most experienced trainers of bushcraft in the country. The course content was designed by the IOL Bushcraft Professional Practice group and is delivered by independent providers. Each organisation will have a different approach and style however all courses include the following elements:
- Safe shelter construction
- Safe use of tools and knife law
- Establishing and maintaining fires by; bow drill, firesteel, flint and steel and other methods
- Leaving no trace
- Water sourcing, filtering and purification
- Tree ID & uses
- Natural navigation
- Cordage making from natural materials