Sharing Skills and Ideas about Best Practice in Bushcraft
Bushcraft is a growing sector of the outdoor industry with increasing numbers of outdoor practitioners now including bushcraft elements in their day to day activities. IOL has created the resources below from articles written for our Professional Development magazine Horizons.
Horizons Article Archive
Bushcraft Skills and Techniques
- Using friction fire lighting with groups (Horizons 34, 2006)
- Land navigation coaching concepts (Horizons 73, 2017)
- Tracking and the art of seeing (Horizons 53, 2011)
Perspectives on Bushcraft
- Social forestry - the experience for a lifetime in the woods (Horizons 45, 2009)
- The spirit of Bushcraft (Horizons 66, 2014)
- The heart of Bushcraft (Horizons 45, 2009)
Bushcraft and Education
- Does bushcraft have a place in formal education? (Horizons 63, 2014)
- Bushcraft lessons for life (Horizons 61, 2014)
Search the Horizons Article Archive
The searchable database of past Horizons articles provides access to hundreds of articles on outdoor learning practice that can inspire thinking and offer solutions to your problems or challenges.