Seasonal RYA Sailing Scheme Trainer (RYA Coach Assessor)
Location: Rockley Point (Poole)
Start: ASAP End: September 2021
Working Pattern: 42 hours – based over 6 days
Reports to: Centre Manager
Closing Date: Friday 9th April 2021
Salary: £25,000 upwards DOE
Interviews: W/C 19th April 2021*
Rockley are excited to be offering a brand new opportunity for a motivated and outgoing RYA Sailing Scheme Trainer (RYA Coach Assessor), to join the team at Rockley Watersports for summer 2021 (possibility to extend).
Their primary role will be to run and assist on instructor training programmes, whilst also support the other aspects of the business. As part of the role they will deliver to a variety of clients including individual clients, those on one of our education programmes and school groups. They will provide our clients with a safe, enjoyable and high quality experience.
Rockley is one of the leading providers of watersports training and school activity trips in the UK. With its main centre based in Poole, Rockley has over 45 years’ experience in the industry. At Rockley we pride ourselves on being one of the premier training providers in the UK for professional development and one of the leading operators of overseas adventure holidays for schools and groups. We work with an amazing team of individuals who are responsible for offering the highest quality watersports and adventure training and holidays for all our customers.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Standards of the activities delivered
· Lead on delivering Instructor training for RYA Dinghy Instructor candidates.
· Provide high quality tuition in a wide range of RYA courses
· Provide high quality tuition in a range of other disciplines. (dependent on skill set) including multi activity sessions
· Provide high quality, organised customer service to all our clients.
· Maintain the standards outlined in the company’s standard and local operating procedures.
· Liaise with the Centre Manager to ensure good management of the Centre team and provide safe, well organised, motivated and happy environment for clients and team alike.
· Lead & assist with the running of our school’s product. Providing tuition to a range of students of all ages.
Safety of clients and our team onsite including during activities
· Ensure clients and staff are aware of and follow our safety procedures and policies.
· Assist in overseeing our seasonal instructors – assisting and advising where necessary.
Centre Management & Administration
· Ensure that all administration of all instructor courses is kept up to date and filed appropriately.
· Duty Manager – overseeing the Centre in the absence of the Centre Manager.
· Ensure the teams attitude to work, personal presentation, and customer service is in line with the company ethos.
• RYA Sailing Scheme Trainer (Coach Assessor) • DBS Check (can be obtained through Rockley)
• RYA Powerboat Trainer / Instructor • RYA First Aid Trainer • British Canoeing Coach (Level 1, 2 or 3) • Mountain Bike Tutor
• Experience working in a team environment • Excellent understanding of the RYA syllabus • Experience running the RYA Dinghy / Senior Instructor course • Experience mentoring and developing staff
· Knowledge of Apprenticeship training and development
• Ability to motivate • Flexible & professional manner • Good communicator • Good customer service
• Good organisational & administrative skills • Good knowledge of ICT
The successful candidate will join a highly experienced team who are continuously looking to expand the number of high-level courses that they offer. In a non-Covid year we welcome over 10,000 students through the doors to take part in a variety of RYA courses from Sailing – Powerboating, activity programmes to school children from 24 different schools and ran over 35 RYA Instructor Courses. Rockley pride themselves on developing their staff and creating opportunities for career progression.
* Rockley is committed to keep both clients, students and staff safe during the COVID pandemic. For this reason, stage 1 interviews will be held remotely via Zoom or another suitable video call platform. Should you be successful at this stage we may ask you to attend a more formal face to face interview at the centre in Poole. Should this be the case, we will take every precaution to keep safe and stay within in the government guidelines in place at the time of interview. Should you have any questions regarding our COVID policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
+ 44 (0) 1202 677 272