Lledr Hall Outdoor Education Centre
Employer: Salford City Council
Location: Lledr Hall Outdoor Education Centre, Pont y Pant, Dolwyddelan, Conwy, LL25 0PJ
Telephone: 01690 750214
Salary: £19,698 - £20,493
Salary Grade: Grade 2A, SCP 6 - 8
Working Pattern: Full Time
Working Hours: 36 (all year round in consultation with Head of Centre)
Contract Type: Permanent (6 months’ probation period will apply)
Job Type: Centre Support Staff, Caretaking/General Maintenance/Site Management
Closing Date: 9th April 2021 for applications
Interview Date: 21st April 2021
Contact: Graham Burns (Head of Centre)
Required as soon as possible.
Lledr Hall provides a high quality residential outdoor education service to the schools and communities of Salford. The Centre is located within the Snowdonia National Park, 5 miles south of Betws y Coed near the village of Dolwyddelan.
The Centre requires an enthusiastic, friendly and highly motivated Caretaker to join the team. Our caretaker is integral to the efficient running of the Centre and responsibilities will include maintaining the buildings, property and grounds on a day-to-day basis, site security, conducting minor improvement works as appropriate, completing compliance and safety checks, liaising with and overseeing contractors and deliveries.
Lledr Hall is committed to the development of our staff. Additional training will be provided as required, although being an experienced and qualified handy person or tradesman is desirable.
Under the direction of the Head of Centre, the successful candidate will work to:
· Take responsibility for security and health and safety at the Centre.
· Manage the Centre site, buildings and grounds.
· Undertake a range of repairs, maintenance and decorating.
· Cleaning and maintaining satisfactory standards of appearance of designated areas both inside and out.
· Some work at height, confined spaces and near water may be required once appropriate training has been given.
· Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the Centre’s vehicles. There will be some requirement to drive for groups in residence.
· This position requires the post holder to take responsibility for the site during emergency call outs. This means being prepared to travel to the Centre during unsocial hours.
· Be flexible to meet the needs of the children and adults in residence.
· Take pride in helping to maintain and develop our Centre buildings.
· Experience of maintenance and skilled minor repair/development works to premises and plant.
· Broad range of practical skills and knowledge.
· Work well as part of a team.
· Have an organised and professional approach to work and able to manage themselves and workload whilst working independently.
· Good communication skills with peers, managers and visitors.
· Be ICT competent, having a basic understanding of Microsoft applications.
· Be comfortable working at height, in confined spaces and near/in water.
· Hold a current driving licence and ability to drive minibuses / 4x4 vehicle with trailers. There will be some requirement to drive for groups in residence.
· Holding a formal training in a trade.
· Experienced painter and decorator.
· Have experience of working at height, in confined spaces and near/in water.
· Experience of systems safety checks and reporting
Please see the above profile information, which you should use to complete your application.
Salford Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure Procedures.
For an informal chat about the role or to arrange an appointment to visit the site please contact Graham Burns, Head of Centre on 01690 750214 or email at email@example.com. All site visits will be conducted in a Covid secure manner.