Full time D of E Assistant
Circa £20,000 d.o.e
Stockport Grammar School
Stockport Grammar School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and organised person in the role of Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Assistant. SGS runs a highly successful Duke of Edinburgh’s award scheme with the majority of pupils in Year 9 undertaking the Bronze award, many continue onto Silver in Year 10 and then Gold in Lower Sixth. The right candidate will be required to assist the DofE Manager in the organising, planning and running of the DofE award scheme. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Summer Mountain Leader Award
- Good knowledge of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and eDofE
- Experience of leading groups
- Experience of running overnight expeditions
- Full Drivers licence
- 2 day first aid certificate
- Paddle Sports instructor in Canoe/ Kayak
- Duke of Edinburgh Assessor at Bronze, Silver and Gold
- Single Pitch Award/ Climbing wall award
Other Outdoor Qualifications
Full time DofE assistant - will be required to work evenings, weekends and school holidays ( 180 days per year)
Salary; circa £20,000 depending on experience
The appointee will be eligible to join the School’s contributory pension scheme (Members contribution 6%), the Death in Service, Personal Accident and Prolonged Disability Schemes, the last three of which are provided at no cost to the employee. Lunch in school will be provided free of charge during term time.
- To assist the DofE manager in the running of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- To lead DofE walking expedition training (day and weekends) without the DofE Manager at Bronze, Silver and Gold level.
- To lead theory and practical training sessions and support pupils through their DofE experience.
- To manage and lead a team of staff and volunteers whilst on expeditions with multiple DofE groups.
- To assist the DofE manager in DofE expedition training during school, after school and at weekends.
- To keep the kit stores organised, clean and well equipped.
- To ensure the delivery of a high quality programme to pupils taking part in the DofE.
- To use eDofE to ensure pupils are on track with their DofE award.
- To communicate with parents/guardians about DofE group plans/meeting/expeditions.
- To demonstrate high levels of safety awareness and risk management.
- To assist the DofE manager in training staff and volunteers.
- To play an active role in supporting outdoor education as a whole.
- To assist in other areas of the school where require.
Stockport Grammar School has been independent since 1975 and co-educational since 1980. There are 1050 pupils aged 11 – 18, 50:50 boys and girls, and there is a substantial Junior School and Nursery on the same site with its own Headmaster, providing around half the Year 7 intake each September.
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com for further information.