X2 Trainee/qualified Instructors
The Adventure Service Ltd
Permanent 40 hours per week (possible part-time opportunity available).
Min £18283.20 per annum (this has the potential to increase depending on experience and qualifications).
Closing Date:18th September 2020
The Adventure Service Ltd specialises in delivering high-quality outdoor learning experiences for all, including children and adults with additional support needs. We do this through a variety of adventure-based activities. Each Adventurer is supported and encouraged to do as much as they can from preparing and setting up of activities and buying resources to enable the activity to happen, to pushing themselves to reach that little bit further up the climbing wall or taking their first canoe trip on the open water.
No matter what a person’s perceived abilities, we gently support and encourage them to challenge themselves throughout their time with The Adventure Service Ltd.
This post is based across all our services. We offer targeted personal development opportunities for children and adults with additional support needs. We support groups of Adventurers to take part in outdoor adventure activities. These activities include mountain biking, rock climbing, abseiling, weaselling, bushcraft, canoeing, hill walking, archery and much more.
- The Adventure Service Ltd, Park Road Resource Centre, Mansfield Woodhouse, NG19 8ER
- The Adventure Service Ltd, Top Valley Community Centre, Top Valley Way, Nottingham, NG5 9DD
Responsible to: Day Service Managers
Responsible for: Developing and delivering high quality outdoor education programmes to new and existing service users.
1. Plan and instruct outdoor adventurous activities to the highest and safest standards.
2. Negotiate the care and social needs of the group with The Adventure Service Ltd management team.
3. Comply with standards set by The Adventure Service Ltd
4. Carry out occasional out of hours paid work.
5. Contribute to the development of the service and service programme.
6. Design and prepare session plans and course materials and maintenance of teaching aids.
7. Ensure the safe operation of the service programme.
8. Ensure that relevant qualifications are held and revalidated as appropriate.
9. Keep up to date with current best practice in Social Care, outdoor education and the curriculum needs of schools.
10. To be responsible for establishing good working relationships both internally and externally.
11. Compliance with The Adventure Service Ltd.’s Policies and Procedures and to make known to The Adventure Service Ltd management team any areas which are not adequately covered.
12. To participate actively in supporting The Adventure Service Ltd.’s principles and practices of equality of opportunity as laid down within the Equal Opportunities Policy.
13. To be responsible for the application of Health & Safety practices within the daily operations, sharing a common responsibility for Health and Safety across the service.
14. Employees will be required to give certain information relating to themselves in order that The Adventure Service Ltd may properly carry out its duties, rights and obligations as an employer. The Adventure Service Ltd will process and control such data principally for personnel, administrative and payroll purposes.
15. As a term of your employment and in order to maintain effective operations, you may be required to undertake any other reasonable task, commensurate with your role, as determined by your Line Manager or The Adventure Service Ltd management team.
16. Employees will be expected to drive service transport.
17. Employees will be qualified and confident in delivering first aid treatment, if required to do so or to undertake relevant training.
- Basic qualification in numeracy and literacy
- Willingness and ability to work towards the Care Certificate.
- Willingness to work towards Hill and Moorland Leader Award and the Bushcraft Competency Certificate.
- Must understand the need for confidentiality.
- Awareness of Equality and Diversity issues.
- Awareness of Safeguarding and of Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of health and safety relating to lone working, moving and handling and risk assessments.
- National Governing Body Outdoor Leadership Qualifications.
- Ability to deal with conflict.
- Skills in behaviour management.
- Makaton/BSL/Other communication methods.
- Experience of supporting people with additional support needs either professionally or personally.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be sensitive to individual needs of disabled service users.
- Ability to identify key information and report it to line manager.
- Ability to accurately record information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users, parents and carers.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be flexible and reliable.
- Must be committed to personal development and training.
- Commitment to deliver the highest quality service within the regulatory framework.
- Maintaining relationships through periods of stress.
- Willingness to provide personal and intimate care as appropriate.
- To be 25 years old and above, hold a full driving licence and have a willingness to drive The Adventure Service Ltd transport.
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check.
- Eligible employees will be auto enrolled in our workplace pension scheme.
Closing date: 18th September 2020
Interviews: 29th September 2020
For further information please contact Helen: 07803 909427
To request an application pack please email email@example.com
The Adventure Service Ltd • 53 Park Road • Mansfield Woodhouse• Nottinghamshire •NG19 8EG