Freelance Sea Kayak coach
Summer Isles Sea Kayaking
Description: Freelance Sea Kayak coach / guide based in the north-west Highlands. Each year we like to employ a freelance coach / guide to work alongside myself and our regular freelance team during the main season. This post is flexible and can be for certain freelance weeks during the sea-son, dependent on applicants availability and our requirements.
Location: Port A bhaigh Campsite, The Summer Isles, North-West Highlands of Scotland
Closing date 14/12/2019
Salary: The salary is negotiable dependant on qualifications. Please contact:
• Jules Macleod of Summer Isles Sea Kayaking (NorWest Sea Kayaking rebranded) for more infor-mation on: email@example.com
• We are about to launch our new updated website along with our name change at www.sum-merislesseakayaking.com (live mid November)
• Call us on-07900 641 860 for more info and to chat possibilities
• To apply email an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Isles Sea Kayaking (NorWest Sea Kayaking rebranded) is a small company based in the North-West Highlands of Scotland, we have been operating for 12 years out of the stunning Summer Isles. The Summer Isles, Ullapool and Assynt are one of the most spectacular areas to paddle in the UK. The landscape is a wilderness of isolated sandstone peaks and a coastline off; white sand beaches, natural rock arches, caves, deserted islands & skerries with an abundance of flora and wildlife.
Summer Isles Sea Kayaking runs courses, luxury lodge based holidays, camping expeditions, day and half day tours and hire throughout the summer season. Our client group is mainly adults and families, and we focus on offering quality wilderness experiences.
• We are looking for someone with experience of working with a wide range of client groups.
• We are looking for someone with experience of working in varied sea conditions with groups.
• Someone who is able to coach people of differing levels simultaneously, who is able to use their initi-ative and the area/conditions to offer appropriate skills progression and be able to recognise clients wants, needs and fears and deal with them effectively.
• We are looking for a coach who has experience in running day trips, courses and camping trips.
• BCU Level 3 sea kayak coach or UKCC 4*Leader (Sea Kayaking) preferably with MW endorsement or equivalent.
• UKCC Level 2 Coach (if in the UKCC scheme)
• Current First Aid Certificate relevant to the outdoor environment
• Car licence
Desirable but not essential:
• 5* Sea Kayak Training or Assessment
• UKCC Level 3 coach core training
• Bushcraft and forging skills
• Interest in geology, flora and fauna and a willingness to learn about these specific to the area.