The Scout Association
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Instructor to join our team at Youlbury, Oxford. You will join us on a full time permanent contract working 40 hours per week. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,193 per annum.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the role:
The Lead Instructor-Youlbury will provide life changing experiences to not only our guests but also to the team of volunteers you’ll be supporting to deliver the Scout Adventures experience to young people and adults. As Lead Instructor you will work with the Centre Manager to ensuring every aspect of the centre experience delivers what our guest want whilst keeping things fun, safe and engaging.
What will you be doing?
- Line management of instructing team (staff, volunteers and apprentices)
- Monitoring safety and quality of activity sessions
- Line management of staff
- Pastoral care / staff welfare
- Coaching and mentoring the team
- Training depending on qualifications
- Maintaining training records
- Creating programmes
- Creating staff timetable
- Maintaining all activity related documentation
- Manage equipment maintenance and contact with activity suppliers.
- Ensure all structure and equipment checks are complete and recorded
- Cash management (events/volunteer expenses)
- Management of activity budgets including submission of invoices for payment through IPOS
- Ensuring that relevant checks, processes and paperwork are maintained to meet external and internal accreditation standards
- PPE- ensuring correct usage of and maintenance of PPE equipment
- Social media
- Daily guest care duties
- Assisting sales teams with answering phones, taking bookings and payments etc.
- As necessary working with reception teams to complete check in and out procedures
- Delivery of activities including replenishment of activity supplies and delivery of courses to members and guests
- Duty Manager
- first point of contact for guests management of centre on a rota basis; daytimes & evenings
- evenings with centre/other manager on call.
- Taking bookings/payments from guests on site/by phone
- Management of service crew
- Supporting guests with safeguarding incidents onsite
- Provide first aid support when required
- General maintenance and housekeeping tasks as necessary to run the centre
- Managing external contractors and freelance staff
- Supporting the Scout Active Support unit
What we can offer you as our Lead Instructor at Youlbury:
- Free parking
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
What we are looking for in our Lead Instructor - Youlbury:
- Someone adventurous
- A keen eye for detail and a strong focus on ensuring that everything is exactly as it should be.
- Focus on delivering an amazing customer experience, you’ll have the knowledge and skill to take excellent care of everything. Working with our amazing volunteers and staff; you’ll inspire others through your passion for absolute perfection.
- Confident working independently and are a self-starter.
- Travel and nights away from home will be an occasional requirement of this role.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team!
Contract Type: Permanent | Salary: £22,193 per annum
Closing date: Friday 27th September 2019 at 12pm.
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
To apply please complete the following Smartsheet: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/7757eb4580564fd8b9608b533865733a
Please see the link to the website: https://scouts.org.uk/about-us/jobs/lead-instructor-youlbury/