YHA Edale Activity Centre
Situated on the slopes of Kinder Scout in the Peak District National Park, YHA Edale Activity Centre delivers adventurous activities to over 6000 participants each year. We are a residential centre that prides itself in its inclusivity and work with a broad range of client groups nationwide.
An opportunity exists for a Permanent Instructor to join our vibrant team. In this role the main focus is the delivery of adventurous activities. There is also the additional responsibility of maintaining all paddle sport equipment and occasionally coordinating a small team of instructors working away from Edale at other YHA venues. With this is mind the successful candidate will hold a range of NGB qualifications (see below) and have a minimum of 2 years experience working in a residential setting.
- Rock Climbing Instructor
- Paddle Sport Leader / UKCC Level 2.
- Local Cave Leader (Level 1)
- Mountain Leader or Hill and Moorland Leader
- D1 + E entitlement (ability to drive a minibus and tow a trailer)
- Hold or be working towards the ‘Canoe Leader Award’.
- Experience of coaching British Canoeing ‘Personal Performance awards’
- NNAS Tutor Award.
A full induction programme will be carried out along with opportunities to gain further NGB Qualifications and attend CPD
- Pay £9.64/hour
- Contracts 42.5 hours/week
- Holiday 29 days / annum pro rata
- Sickness (based on continuous service)
- Employee benefits Free YHA Membership, Free Hostel Stays BUPA Health scheme
- Plus 1000’s of retail vouchers, cash back and savings
The closing date for applications is 23th September 2019
Interviews will take place on 3rd and 4th October 2019.
For further details please email Neil McDonald at:
email@example.com or call 01433 670302