Unique Outdoors Activity Instructor
Mortimer, Reading (RG7)
Salary £17,000 to £20,000
Hours 37.5 hours per week including weekends (both Saturday and Sunday)
Unique Outdoors, an outdoor leisure activities company, are seeking an Outdoor Activity Instructor to support the business’ continuing growth at their Reading centre, in the grounds of De Vere’s Wokefield Estate.
Unique Outdoors has a fantastic reputation, a 5* TripAdvisor rating and the ability to offer a wide range of fun outdoor activities for the weekend leisure market.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced outdoor activity instructor to uphold our excellent reputation, to run a variety of memorable activity sessions on the weekends and to create a fun, participative and safe environment for people of all ages and abilities.
In addition to delivering sessions, you will be responsible for supporting the Unique Outdoors Manager with customer enquiries, booking events and maintaining equipment to ensure the business is well-presented and upholding the highest safety standards.
The outdoor activity centre offers laser combat, archery, high ropes, climbing, zorbing and a Powerfan freefall experience. We cater for birthday parties, family events, social clubs and scout groups as well as stag & hen do parties.
- Delivering sessions as Lead Instructor and upholding our excellent reputation and safety standards
- Working in conjunction with the Unique Outdoors Manager and a team of part-time / freelance Instructors
- Responding to phone enquiries, walk-ins, emails, taking payments and booking sessions
- Site, activity and equipment maintenance
- Welcoming guests and ensuring they have an enjoyable experience
- Ability to work weekends; with days off during the week
- Passionate about the outdoors
- Incredibly safety conscious
- Previous experience as an outdoor activity instructor
- Outdoor instructor accreditations and qualifications or a willingness to acquire them
- Qualified first aider
- Committed, flexible and able to work additional hours during peak season
- Able to create a fun and participative environment for people of all ages and abilities
- Sociable, enthusiastic and encouraging of others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident using Microsoft Word / Powerpoint / Excel
- High Ropes/archery qualifications will be an advantage
Unique Outdoors is owned by Grahame Robb Associates Ltd (GRA). To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as Matthew Campbell at GRA is responsible for recruiting this role.