Outdoor Education Manager
£27K - £30k plus applicable sleep-in allowance
Established in 1997, Arnfield Care Ltd offer residential care for vulnerable & disadvantaged young people from across the UK. Operating out of two premises on the periphery of the Peak District National Park the outdoor education programme takes place both locally and nationally. Additionally, registered as an Independent School with Ofsted, the outdoor education programme forms a core part of care planning, behavioural support and education.
Reporting directly to the Headteacher, the Outdoor Education Manager will manage a team of employed and freelance instructional staff in the development and delivery of the high quality outdoor education programme at Arnfield Care Ltd. The Outdoor Education Manager will work closely with individual Residential Home Managers, and the Headteacher to prove an integrated approach to outdoor education as an integral part of young people’s care and education.
The successful candidate will have ability to engage & motivate enthuse young people through outdoor education, have experience in a broad range of outdoor education disciplines and geographic areas, and, hold higher level National Governing Body Awards in at least one discipline e.g. Mountain Instructor Award, UKCC3 Canoe/Kayak. A proven track-record in management and a teaching qualification are highly desirable.
- Lead a team of employed/freelance instructors in the development and delivery of the outdoor education programme.
- Deliver outdoor education sessions, locally and remotely, contributing to young peoples’ education.
- Contribute towards operational risk management, young persons’ and staff safety in accordance with AALA regulations.
- Develop the outdoor education programme in alignment with Ofsted educational requirements.
- Monitor and improve levels of safety, quality and standards in outdoor education.
- Recruit, train and develop staff to ensure integrated and progressive outdoor education delivery.
- Coordinate equipment replenishment, maintenance and retirement.
- Liaise with external bodies to ensure Arnfield Care Ltd develops its outdoor education/education programmes in line with sector best-practice.
- Undertake a minimum of 3 weeks instruction & 1 residential camp every 2 months and cover where necessary.
- Coordinate general day-to-day maintenance and repair of the premises.
Arnfield Care Ltd provides induction, support & ongoing training in - safeguarding, first aid and health & safety, 35 days paid holiday plus access to a company pension scheme (after qualifying period).
Remuneration £27K - £30k plus applicable sleep-in allowance
For more information contact Paul Knowles email@example.com
A full job description and application form may only be provided on receipt of your CV which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.arnfieldcare.co.uk
Appointments subject to satisfactory DBS clearance & min 2 employment references
(work-base is near Glossop SK13).
Full driving license and 12 months minimum driving essential.
Closing date: 16th August 2019 Interviews to be held on: Week 19th-23rd August 2019