Environmental Field Studies Manager
Cromer, North Norfolk
40 hrs per week
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Who would you be joining?
We are Inspiring Learning. Since 1980, we have been leading the way in providing children from across the world with unique, educational and fun-filled adventure programmes. With a range of day camps in and around London and the home counties, plus a selection of year-round residential centres, we are the UK’s largest provider of adventure camps for young people. Since 1980, over 1 million children have attended our day camps and this year, over 165,000 young people attended our residential camps from over 35 countries across the world.
An adventure with Inspiring Learning offers so much more than adrenaline and challenge. Here, you’ll be working towards shaping the development of the young people we work with; here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a lasting impression on someone’s life.
What would you be doing?
- Recruit, manage and motivate the Kingswood EFS teaching team, establishing and maintaining a positive working environment.
- Work in conjunction with the recruitment team in interviewing and maintaining a database of teachers who can be called on when additional numbers are required
- Managing the interrelationships and dependencies between the centre delivery team, customer services team and other appropriate departments within Kingswood including sales team and operations.
- Planning and conducting academic and teaching staff inductions
- Monitoring and maintaining discipline with staff and students
- Guiding and supporting teachers in the observing of sessions and providing constructive feedback, initiating training sessions as needs arise.
- Support the delivery of EFS programmes at both Overstrand Hall and Colomendy.
- Monitoring course content and ensuring that it meets Kingswood teaching standards and that the administration is effective and efficient
- Work with teaching team to develop excellent syllabus and resources for Overstrand and Colomendy and other centres. Manage the planning and execution of off-site visits for field studies
- Monitor all sites on a regular basis and identify new sites as needed by the requirements of exam boards and company expansion plans.
- Ensuring that the academic programme is integrated with the recreational programme (in liaison with the Activity Manager).
What are we looking for?
- Ability to lead a team and manage remotely.
- A working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- A University degree in Geography or Environmental studies (graduate or post-graduate).
- A understanding of informal and/or experiential learning methodology
- Previous field studies teaching experience
- Highly-motivated, energetic and personable.
- Excellent communicator and problem solver, able to work under pressure and work efficiently within tight deadlines.
We know there’s more to life than work – that’s why when you join Kingswood Learning and Leisure Group you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks. That includes phone insurance, taste cards and great price cinema tickets, plus loads more. Find out more about all our employee rewards here: https@//www.perkbox.co.uk/kingswoodlearningandleisuregroup
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with Kingswood.
To apply, please email email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 31 July 2019