Associate Outdoor Therapist/Counsellor
Wilderness Foundation UK
Location: England, Wales, Scotland
Contract Type: Self-Employed Contractor
Salary: Hourly rate to be decided by you
Hours: To be agreed with clients
Closing date: 30th September 2019
interview: Face-to-face, or via Skype or WhatsApp
About Wilderness Foundation UK
Established in South Africa in 1956, the Wilderness Foundation has taken 40,000 people into the wild. Based at Chatham Green in Essex, the Wilderness Foundation reaches in the region of over 5000 children, young people and adults per year.
The purpose of the Foundation is to prepare and educate for the future. We believe that nature and wild spaces are of incalculable value not just to maintain biodiversity and wildlife but for human wellbeing. All our projects and programmes have the same basis – to connect people to nature for wellbeing benefits, mental, spiritual and physical – and to teach people in turn to care for nature into the future by teaching Leave no Trace Ethics, respect and understanding of our impact on a web of life.
Registered Charity No: 1118493 (England and Wales) SC041697 (Scotland)
- Provide 1-2-1 or small group nature/outdoor therapy/counselling sessions to clients referred by Wilderness Foundation UK
- Agree with the client where the outdoor sessions shall take place
- Write summary report, on a need-to-know basis, after each therapy/counselling session
The successful candidate will be:
- Love nature and believe in the same ethos as the Charity’s
- Passionate about supporting vulnerable children, young people and adults
- A qualified therapist/counsellor with continuing professional development
An enhanced DBS (or PVG for Scotland) and a valid professional indemnity insurance are essential for this role.
This post is subject to reference check.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org