Reading (RG7) –Evening and Weekend Outdoor Leisure Activities
Salary and Hours: £25,000-£30,000 + Company performance-related bonus | 37.5 hours per week including weekends
Unique Outdoors, an outdoor leisure activities company, are seeking a Centre Manager to support the businesses continuing growth at their Reading centre, in the grounds of De Vere’s Wokefield Estate.
Unique Outdoors has a fantastic reputation, a 5* TripAdvisor rating and the ability to offer a wide range of fun outdoor activities for the evening and weekend leisure market. You will be expected to maintain and build on our excellent reputation and to create fantastic and memorable experiences for everyone who visits the centre; catering for all ages and ability levels.
Your core responsibilities will be managing the day-to-day running of the business, responding to enquiries and leading a team of instructors.
We are passionate about encouraging people to have fun adventures in the outdoors and therefore safety is of paramount importance to us. To be considered for this role you must share our passion for upholding the incredibly high standards we set regarding the safety of people on our site.
In addition to dealing with customer enquiries and booking events, you will be expected to facilitate sessions on the weekends (and weekday evenings during the summer months), so you will need to be comfortable communicating with large groups as well as encouraging participants on a one-to-one level.
Unique Outdoors offers laser combat, archery, high ropes, climbing, zorbing and a Powerfan freefall experience. We cater for birthday parties, family events, social clubs and scout groups as well as stag & hen do parties.
- Responding to enquiries, emails, taking payments and booking sessions
- Recruit, manage and develop a team of instructors and scheduling their time and events
- Delivering fun, safe and professional sessions at the centre and off-site at other venues
- Upholding our excellent brand reputation
- Welcoming guests and ensuring they have an enjoyable experience
- Managing the profitability of the business, including budgets
- Marketing the business through its website and social media
- Managing relationships with on-site partners, including the hotel
- Ongoing maintenance and development of activities and equipment
- Ensuring risk assessments, policies and procedures are in place as required
- Ability to work weekends, school holidays and evenings (seasonal); with days off during the week
- Keen interest in the outdoors
- Incredibly safety conscious
- 2-3 years of experience in a manager or supervisor role for a leisure business
- Excellent track record of managing and developing people
- Outdoor instructor accreditations and qualifications or a willingness to acquire them; including first aid
- Well-organised, prepared and able to look ahead and keep an eye on the bigger picture
- Flexible and able to work additional hours during peak season
- Customer focused and able to create a fun and participative environment for people of all ages and abilities
- Commercially astute
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Full UK driving licence
How to Apply
Please send your CV in Word or PDF format to Matthew@gra.uk.com by Friday 19th July 2019.