Apprentice Activity Leaders
YMCA Fairthorne Manor
Based at YMCA Fairthorne Manor, Curdridge near Southampton
40 hours per week
£8320 per annum
Accommodation is available for over 18’s at £175 per calendar month
Closing date 21st July 2019
To apply visit https://ymca-fg.org/operations/
Do you enjoy working with fun, dynamic people? Are you able to work effectively in a team and independently? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can learn, earn and develop your skills? Then we have the role just for you!
YMCA Fairthorne Group are looking to recruit an Apprentice Activity Leader (ref 912) to work at our amazing Fairthorne Manor site with start dates early September 2019.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Engage children, young people and the wider community in outdoor activity sessions.
- Responsibly run safe and inspiring activity sessions.
- Promote the YMCA Way during your work
- Ensure the correct and safe use of appropriate equipment.
- Give clear instructions to enable individuals to participate in the session.
- Have an awareness of the customers’ aims and objectives, and, wherever possible, meet all requirements.
- Be part of the residential duty system on a rotational basis, including performing duties as a ‘Linker’ – liaising with specific groups during their stay, running evening entertainments, providing supervision during meal times and responding to any issues.
- Assist with duties in the dining room at meal times on rotational basis.
- Make the appropriate Head of Department aware of any defective equipment.
- Take an active part in activity maintenance on a regular basis.
- Be aware of, and put into practice, all Health and Safety regulations.
- Understand and follow all operating procedures and risk assessments.
- Act in the interests of your own safety & the safety of others at all times.
What you’ll bring:
- An outgoing and welcoming personality, able to communicate well and engage a wide range of people, including children, staff and group leaders.
- Able to enact our values of being welcoming, listening, caring, inspiring, exciting and active.
- A responsible attitude to all aspects of your work.
- A genuine enthusiasm for working with children
- A genuine enthusiasm for the work of the organisation.
- An aptitude for and interest in a wide range of sports.
- Confident at height and in water
- Willingness to learn new skills and undergo training.
- Understanding that this is not a “9-5” role and will require unusual working patterns
- Commitment to adaptability. You will be asked to help with other departments at times.
- Experience of working with groups of young people in educational, youth or sporting environment will be an advantage. But as this is a learning position, not essential
What we offer:
- A salary of £8,320 per annum (£4 per hour)
- Onsite accommodation available for over 18’s - Single room, shared bathroom, fully catered for £175 per month
- Free uniform
- Training on the job
- 40 hours per week
- 25 days annual leave (and holiday accrual with length of service)
- Holiday scheme/Daycamp Discount
- Cycle scheme
- 30% discount for your own child/dependant attending one of our nursery settings
- Discount on Birthday Parties
- Free membership of YMCA Fairthorne Group
If you are looking to join our team and meet the criteria above, please apply below or check out our website for more details.
The YMCA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will undertake an enhanced disclosure via Disclosure and Barring Service and subject to two references.
Registered Charity 1090981.