Contracts and Technical Products Support Oﬃcer
Lyon Equipment Limited
Lyon Equipment Limited (Lyon) is an employee owned company serving the Outdoor,Work at Height and Rescue markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’. We manufacture our own Lyon branded products, provide technical training and consultancy, and distribute a portfolio of trusted brands. Lyon provides a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment and values a good work life balance.
We are certified to ISO 9001 Quality management systems, ISO 14001 Environmental management systems and have achieved Investors in People certification. We are currently working towards ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively search and apply for contract notices, tenders and business opportunities.
• Upkeep of the bid library of generic information used in proposals and tenders.
• Register and update on tender portals.
• Completion of high quality and accurate PQQ’s (Pre-Qualification Questionnaires).
• Attend PQQ, and Contract Meetings.
• Co-ordinate and produce accurate, well presented ITT (Invitations to Tender) and bid documentation and liaise with contributors from HR/Commercial/W&R or Outdoors/Business Systems and Compliance/Technical as required.
• Assessing bid requirements and shaping the proposals.
• Attend contract award meetings.
• On-going support/advice for the sales team in relation to tenders/contracts won.
• Responsible for administration of contracts.
• Maintain company library of British/European/ISO standards and other standards.
• Maintain company library of EC Directive/Regulations.
• Proof reading, correcting and formatting technical documents.
• Liaise with outside bodies including BSIF, Notified Bodies,Trading Standards, HSE etc. as necessary.
Co-ordinate and liaise with other departments to ensure successful completion to agreed timescales of:
• New Lyon product standards/certification and conformity compliance.
• Lyon product testing and EC/EU Type Examinations, preparation and publication of Lyon product User Instructions.
• Intellectual Property – Patents,Trademarks, Copyright and Registered Design.
• Occasional attendance at external meetings, e.g. standards meetings, trade association meetings.
Hours of work:
This is a full time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We work slightly longer hours Monday to Thursday in order to enjoy an early finish on a Friday every week! These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
The Benefits include:
• Salary guide £28,000 - £32,000 depending on experience.
• 30 days paid holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments.
• A holiday purchase scheme.
• Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply.
• Inclusion into our qualifying group personal pension scheme after three months of service.
Upon successful completion of a six month probationary period:
• The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme.
• The cycle to work scheme is available.
Lyon is an employee owned company; after the appropriate qualifying period the successful candidate will be eligible to become a shareholder when the next company share offer is made.
To apply for this position:
Please visit www.lyon.co.uk for an application pack or call Brenda Thexton on: 015396 24040
Please submit your completed Lyon application form (you may wish to include your CV in support of your application) to:
Debra Robinson – HR Manager Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3 – 7 Tebay Business Park Old Tebay
Penrith CA10 3SS
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Friday 28th June.