Customer Services & Technical Information Assistant
Lyon Equipment Limited (Lyon)
- 1 Full Time position, based at Tebay
Lyon Equipment Limited (Lyon) is an employee owned company serving the Outdoor, Work at Height and Rescue markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’.
We are positioned at the technical end of the outdoor and Watersports markets, distributing a wide spectrum of well-known and trusted brands. These brands include, Ortlieb, La Sportiva, Exped, Julbo, Optimus, Katadyn, Lyon, Salsa,Teravail, GSI, Gregory, Light My Fire, Hydrapak, Solostove, Bombtrack bikes, RTM, Dag, Bic Windsurf, amongst others.
Lyon provides a friendly working environment and values a good work life balance.
We are seeking to appoint one full time Customer Services & Technical Information Assistant to our busy Customer Services Department based at Tebay.
The Customer Services Department:
The Customer Services team are responsible for the processing of returned items for all of our brands covering both our professional and sports markets as well as answering technical enquiries relating to our products. The role will involve processing both technical and non-technical returns; user experience and an interest in some of the products we supply is essential.
The Customer Services team also monitor and control product quality within the business for all of our brands. Sustainability is extremely important to us, and we endeavour to repair products wherever possible. Training will be given on repairing Ortlieb, Exped, Gregory, La Sportiva, Julbo, watersports and PPE products.
The job will involve:
• Assessing, processing and repairing (where approved) returned items under warranty
• Answering customer (includes customer, end user and Lyon staff) questions via emails and telephone
• Ensuring all enquires are closed to the satisfaction of the customer
• Use of electronic inventory and accounting package to log and solve customer queries
• Warranty reports for brands/suppliers
• Posting out and replenishing spare parts
• Reviewing outstanding and open files within the department
• Preparing reports and documents
• Maintenance of the quality database and assisting with the resolution of quality issues
• Occasional brand visits
• PPE inspections and repairs (where approved)
The person we seek will ideally meet the following essential criteria:
• Have good language and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience of problem solving and customer service
• Be able to handle enquiries in a diplomatic, helpful and efficient way
• Be able to work at pace with multiple stakeholders
• Be organised, with good attention to detail and understand the importance of following business processes
• Have good computer skills and experience of data entry (Word, Excel etc.)
• Have experience in the use of our equipment and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) gained from work at height, rescue or adventurous activities
• Experience in retail, supply chain and/or customer facing roles, ideally in the Outdoor sector
• Have a passion for outdoor equipment
• Be self-motivated and also happy to work as a team member
• Be willing to undertake personal training and development
• Full clean driving licence – desirable but not essential
Hours of work:
This is a full time position which equates to 37.5 hours a week. We work slightly longer hours Monday-Thursday in order to enjoy an early finish on a Friday every week. These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
The Benefits include:
• Commencing salary is likely to be in the range of £16,000 to £19,000 per annum
• 30 days paid holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays
• A holiday purchase scheme
• Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
• Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
We are certified to ISO9001:2008 Quality Management Systems, ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems and have achieved Investors in People certification.
Upon successful completion of the 3 month probationary period you will be offered:
• Inclusion to our qualifying pension scheme
• Membership of our private healthcare scheme
To apply for this position:
Please visit www.lyon.co.uk for an application pack or call Brenda Thexton on: 015396 24040
Please submit your completed Lyon application form (you may wish to include your CV in support of your application) to:
Debra Robinson – HR Manager Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3 – 7 Tebay Business Park Old Tebay
Penrith CA10 3SS
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Wednesday 22nd May 2019.
Interviews for this post are expected to take place on 28th & 29th May 2019.