Southampton Water Activities Centre: Active Nation
£19k + Benefits
Full Time 40 hour contract
Active Nation is seeking a brilliant Lead Instructor with a passion for sailing and watersports to plan and deliver a broad range of quality outdoor activity sessions.
SWAC is a busy RYA Training Centre located north of Southampton’s Ocean Village, with quick access to some of the best training and cruising waters on the south coast. The centre runs a range of watersport experiences alongside a wide variety of sailing, powerboating, windsurfing, paddleboarding, and specialist one day courses.
We are looking for a Senior Instructor to help lead the seasonal team and support the chief instructor in the day to day running of the centre.
You will be part of a busy centre delivering RYA training and water sport experiences to a range of clients. You will:
- Be a qualified RYA Senior Instructor & Powerboat Instructor (SUP, Windsurf & Dinghy foiling coaching qualifications advantageous)
- Support the Chief Instructor in day to day management of team and venue
- Be passionate about sport and exercise, specifically watersports
- Develop and mentor junior staff
- Be supported in your personal CPD
- Assume role of ‘Duty Manager’ and responsibility for the centre
- Work evenings and weekends as part of a duty rota
- Take ownership of one of the centres clubs: adult sail / onboard etc
- Take ownership of a fleet of equipment: sail/ windsurf / power etc.
SWAC is part of Active Nation; a national sport and exercise charity on a mission to persuade the nation to be active. Some of the benefits of working for Active Nation include:
NGB and centre specific training
Use of facilities within the Charity, including
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Gym and Swim
PPE to include: Coastal waterproofs & drysuit
Access to clothing & equipment trade accounts
To apply please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com If selected, expect a call back from us.
CLOSING DATE: 20th May 2019
For more information, full Job Description and Person Specification please contact Jon Kirby, Operations Manager, on 07768 900156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Nation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced CRB disclosure.