Cook (x1 full time or x2 part time, permanent)
Ardroy Outdoor Education Centre
Salary: £9.00/h or negotiable depending on experience
Closing date: Friday 19th April 2019
Ardroy is a residential outdoor centre situated in Lochgoilhead, Scotland. We have been in operation since 1969, and can accommodate around 70 people. Most attendees are primary school children, with some youth groups, colleges, and adult groups as well.
We are excited to be offering a permanent position for a motivated and hardworking individual in the role of Full-time Cook. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, preparing and organisation of the work in the kitchen at this residential facility.
The role is split shifts Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation and delivery of three meals per day, including making packed lunches for groups off centre during the day.
- Developing a varied menu plan to suit the clients at the centre, with a focus on delicious and healthy food.
- Working alongside the Residential Team to make sure that clients have a positive experience whilst with us.
- Good time management and problem solving.
- Liaising with the administrator on catering numbers and special dietary requirements.
- Manage food, beverage and equipment deliveries, keeping the storeroom, fridges and freezers organised.
- Ensures high standards of food and kitchen hygiene are maintained at all times.
- Good at interacting with children
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous Catering / Kitchen experience is required for the role.
- Candidates should be well presented and motivated.
- Food hygiene certificate or knowledge of food hygiene and health and safety in a kitchen environment is desirable.
- All applicants will be subject to reference checks.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss the post please contact Anne or David on 01301 703353