Education Account Executive
The Outward Bound Trust
12-month Contract/ Secondment
Salary: £19,000 - £24,000 pa depending on experience plus OTE/ performance related bonus.
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week & on occasion such reasonable hours as may be required for the proper performance of the duties (including work in the evenings and at weekends).
Location: Hackthorpe Hall, near Penrith, The Lake District.
The Outward Bound Trust
The Outward Bound Trust is an educational charity providing adventure-based, outdoor learning residentials for young people from six centres across the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Education Business Development Team on a 12-month contract position to work with existing and prospective clients from schools, colleges and youth groups.
The purpose of the role is to work closely with the London based Education Account Executive in order to maximise the opportunity of working with existing and new customers in the London region.
Reporting to the Head of Education Business Development and working collaboratively with the London based Education Account Executive, you will be responsible for; account management, client retention, extension sales, supporting new business development and customer on-boarding in the London region to meet and exceed agreed revenue targets.
Based in Outward Bound’s Head Office, it is vital that the individual works as part of the wider UK Education team; where required supporting colleagues in Hackthorpe and those based from home in key regions. The role may require occasional travel to London, our centres and to sector events across the country.
The role will involve considerable customer relationship management, securing appointments with key contacts in order to gain repeat and new business. Effective use of the Client Relationship Manager and course booking system is essential.
- Work in collaboration with the London based Education Account Executive to;
- Manage, maintain and develop a portfolio of existing clients
- Develop leads and prospects, booking appointments using phone and virtual meetings
- Manage customer accounts by building relationships and developing extension sales
- Manage incoming enquiries from schools, colleges and youth groups via e-mail and telephone, gathering information and preparing proposals
- Take specifications for bespoke courses where and when required, liaising with relevant delivery centre for development of programme
- Accurately recording customer information using a CRM system
- Checking availability and liaising with the centre with regards to short lead time bookings, ensuring that mix of groups is appropriate. Maximising centre capacity always
- Process bookings from point of sale through to contracting
- Liaise with Customer Services to request contracts and deposit invoices
- Liaise with Customer Services with requests for bookings for coach/steamer transfers
- Manage all outstanding provisional bookings/contracts using weekly provisional booking report
- Support the London Account Executive to develop local area marketing activity, including client research, campaign design and delivery
- Allocate bursary (financial assistance) to clients in line with the policy set by the Trust
- Ensuring clients accurately complete financial assistance application form
- Sharing of market and sector intelligence from the London area
- Support national marketing and fundraising activity
- Attend weekend Taster courses and industry sector events as required.
- Collaborate with the Summer Adventure team to maximise the sale of these programmes into the London school, college and youth group market.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Education sector
- A desire and drive to seek out new business. Create demand, open doors and support new business development
- A strong communicator, able to build and develop customer relationships over the phone and talk with gravitas about the work of the Trust
- Excellent organisational skills
- PC literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management practice and habits
- A focus for detail
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and with flexibility in order to respond to priorities
- Experience of working collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work with wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Sense of humour
- Previous sales or account management experience
- Experience within the charitable or social enterprise sector
- A knowledge of and interest in our outdoor learning methodology and impact
- Presentation and networking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Financially literate with an understanding of sales forecasting
- Experience in maintaining customer data in a bespoke CRM System
- Evidence of attention to quality, customer service and continuous improvement
- Self-driven with an ambition to succeed and a strong commitment to achieving targets and your own continued professional development
The post holder will also be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure under the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Salary and benefits
- Basic starting salary £19,000 - £24,000 p.a. (dependent on relevant experience) plus a performance related bonus package, for a 37.5 hour week.
- Annual Leave of 24 days increasing by one day each year to a maximum of 30 days, plus bank holidays.
- Life Assurance: 3 x salary, covered from start date; includes Employee Assistance helpline.
- 8 weeks’ sick pay at full salary in any 12 months
- Long-term Disability Insurance: 2/3 salary less state incapacity benefit after 6 months’ absence for up to 5 years, covered from start date
- Personal Accident Insurance while at work or commuting
- Choice of private healthcare (currently BUPA) or cash plan: on application after completion of probation; taxable benefit
- Pension Scheme (currently Standard Life): Auto-enrolment of all staff after 3 months service.
- Berghaus uniform items provided, and the opportunity to purchase Berghaus products at discount
- Discounted course fees for family members to attend Outward Bound Trust courses (after 12 months service).
There is a 3-month probationary period from the employee’s start date.
How to apply
To apply for this job please send a covering letter by email of not more than 250 – 400 words explaining your fit to the job description and the person specification, together with an up to date CV (2-pages of A4) by Friday 19th April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries regarding the information supplied or the recruitment process please contact Sarah Shutt, either by email email@example.com or telephone: 01931740022