Outdoor Instructor & Outdoor Leader
Ultimate Survival Camps
South England and UK
Ultimate Survival – Instructor, will deliver outstanding, structured outdoor education activities to groups of children. You will be expected to guide groups of children aged between 7 and 14 years through week-long courses, with the emphasis being; fun, personal and Wilderness/Bushcraft skill development
Ultimate Survival - Course Leader, along with your Instructor team, you will deliver outstanding outdoor education activities to groups of children. Having overall responsibility for the course ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to and be the main point of contact.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children aged 7-14, focusing on participation, development, safety and enjoyment.
- Encourage participation through enthusiasm and energy in scenarios and role play.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on the courses are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Help to set up The Ultimate Survival Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day and pack down the site at the end of the season.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, supporting and caring for children throughout the week and during the weekly camp-out.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- Point of contact to Host School, meeting with their representatives to ensure the smooth running of the camp
- Manage the weekly Camp Out
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance etc.)
- Strong leader management skills, with a willingness to lead by example
- Looking for a varied and challenging fun seasonal role as well as the opportunity to further their career in the Outdoor Education, Adventure, Childcare and Coaching industry.
- An enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic individual that is passionate about working with and developing children through adventurous activities.
- Experience in delivering a range of outdoor opportunities/ activities for young people
- Effective team leadership skills in an outdoor setting
- Excellent communication skills and verbal reasoning
- Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic individual who is passionate about working with and developing children through adventurous activities.
Hours: 0800 - 1800 Monday to Friday (plus being on duty, on-site, for one night a week during Camp Out)
If you would like to apply for this role, please visit: www.ultimateactivity.co.uk/work-for-us
Or email James@ultiamteactivity.co.uk for more information