Programme Manager – Outdoor Education
Ultimate Survival Camps
Basis: Permanent Full Time
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, except during camp operating weeks when longer hours (8am – 6pm) will be expected. Some weekend work also required in the run up to and during camp seasons.
Salary: £20000 to £24000 plus £1,500 annual bonus on completion of each major camp season (£500 for Easter, £1,000 for Summer)
Start Date: April 2019 (Can be flexible for the right candidate)
Summary of Position:
Ultimate Survival Camps (part of the Ultimate Activity Comapny) run fun and inspiring activity programmes for children during the school holidays. Fully emersed in the outdoors, children can ‘go wild!’ whilst learning invaluable bushcraft skills. At Ultimate Survival Camps one of the most important part of a child’s experience is the quality of the bushcraft programme they enjoy. The Ultimate Survival Product Manager will therefore be responsible for the delivery of the high standards expected of Ultimate Survival Camps, ensuring that our camps live up to our mission of “Inspiring Children Every Day”.
- With input from the Senior Management Team, create an activity programme that is exciting, fun and inspiring whilst at the same time remaining commercially viable.
- Oversee and facilitate programme developments, ensuring the most enjoyable time as possible can be had on our bushcraft camps nationwide
- Monitor and assess the quality of delivery, identifying any areas for improvement
Staff Training and Assessment:
- Oversee and organise the delivery of our on-camp staff training programme
- Provide additional training support to on-camp staff during camp as required
Staff Recruitment and Management:
- With support of the Recruitment Team, source and select outstanding and appropriately qualified outdoor facilitators to deliver the programme.
- Support the recruitment team to attract, filter and assess camp staff candidates and interview key camp staff (such as Course Leaders)
- Lead in the performance management of on camp staff
- Support with camp set ups at the start of school holiday periods
- Carry out visits to camp to quality control the activity programme, adapt it as you go and support camp staff in high standards of delivery
- With support and direction from the Operations Manager, take a lead role in ensuring excellent pastoral care on camp ensuring all camp staff are following child welfare procedures and policies
- With support of the Warehouse Manager, prepare and maintain kit ready for camp
- With support of the Logistics Manager stock levels and purchase new equipment and support in the coordination of kit delivery
- With support from the Operations Director, work with the Customer Support Team to investigate and respond to any incidents or complaints from camp
- Oversee and implement child welfare procedures and policies on camp, taking a lead role in ensuring excellent pastoral care on camp
- Assist in warehouse maintenance and kit preparation
- Marketing activities including event work and feeder school flyering.
- Other Ad Hoc office support outside of crucial busy periods
- Previous experience within outdoor education (Bush craft specific) and significant experience working with children in an outdoor setting
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through adventurous activities
- A breadth and depth of knowledge within the field of outdoor education
- Excellent communicator, with confident face-to-face customer service skills
- Be highly organised with an excellent attention to detail
- Be highly computer literate with experience using in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have experience and ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Full, clear driving licence with car
- Qualified in relevant NGBs, outdoor education or teaching.
- BCU Level 2 or higher
- Loyalty Bonus: Salary is £20000 to £24000 per annum plus £1,500 loyalty bonus
- Generous Holiday Allowance: up to 35 days per year plus bank holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Regular company socials and monthly lunches
Email your CV and Cover Letter to Duncan Radnor, Operations Director at Duncan@activeeducationgroup.co.uk