Northern England and Scotland Outdoor Sales Representative
Lyon Equipment Limited
Lyon Equipment Limited is an employee owned company serving the outdoor, work at height and rescue markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’.
We manufacture our own Lyon branded products, provide technical training and distribute a portfolio of trusted brands. Lyon provides a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment and values a good work life balance.
As a sales rep at Lyon the successful candidate will work closely with the sales and marketing teams promoting our portfolio of brands. Lyon is currently going through an exciting business transition to further enhance the service we offer to our suppliers and customers. This position will focus on selling our diverse range of growing brands. Please note; Petzl is now serviced by a separate dedicated agency team within Lyon.
The job requires someone who is equally comfortable carrying out day to day administrative functions as well as face to face meetings with customers. We are looking for a highly competent and motivated professional, preferably from within the outdoor trade, to drive business in this important area.
The job will involve:
• Meeting and exceeding agreed turnover targets and optimising revenue
• Building new and existing relationships with customers via face to face customer visits along with regular telephone and email contact
• Promotion and sales of products at regional, national and international trade shows and events
• Organisation of regional road shows
• Keeping up to date with current products and those of our competitors
• Social media posting in line with social media strategy
• Regular liaison with the sales office team and management regarding customers and their sales performance
• Participation at regular sales meetings at Head Office and occasional supplier visits
• Organisation of personal workload to ensure minimum working outside normal hours and keeping the office up to date with appointments and travel plans
• A considerable amount of travel, predominantly driving with regular overnights away from home
The person we seek will meet the following criteria:
• Have a genuine passion for the outdoors and a technical understanding of our products and the activities they relate to
• Be self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Have a proven track record of field sales and/or retail sales
• Reside within the sales territory
• Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
• Be organised, articulate, numerate and computer literate
• Enjoy learning and development
• Be a confident user of social media, e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, in order to increase the reach of our sponsored events
• Hold a current full car driving licence (preferably clean) and a current passport
The successful candidate will be provided with the following:
• Company vehicle
• Computer, tablet and printer
• Mobile phone, business telephone line into home, telephone and fax machine
• All necessary and reasonable stationery and consumables
Hours of work:
This is a full time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We would expect the work to be carried out between Monday and Friday, however this position will require regular overnight stays and some weekend working. This is a home based position.
The benefits include:
• Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £25,000 - £30,000
• 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
• A holiday purchase scheme
• Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
• Free use of Company loan kit when available
• Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
Upon successful completion of a six month probationary period:
The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
Lyon is an employee owned company; after the appropriate qualifying period, the successful candidate will be eligible to become a shareholder.
Please download an application pack from our website www.lyon.co.uk or call 015396 24040.
Completed application forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) are to be emailed or posted to Debra Robinson, HR Manager:
Lyon Equipment Limited
Units 3-7 Tebay Business Park
Closing date for applications: 12:00 noon on Monday 25 March 2019
Interviews for this post are likely to take place: 3rd/ 4th/5th April 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year