Outdoor Education Instructor (Fixed term contract)
Marle Hall Outdoor Education Centre
£21,589 - £23,836
Marle Hall is situated near Llandudno on the North Wales coast, on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, and is owned by Warwickshire County Council.
We are a thriving residential outdoor education centre with a very friendly, dynamic and supportive staff team. We cater for over 90 young people residentially, both Primary and Secondary, as well as day visitors and some adult courses.
We operate all year round in a wide variety of natural environments, including mountains, sea, cliffs, beaches, estuaries, lakes, rivers, forests and disused mines. In addition, we have onsite facilities for high and low ropes, orienteering, bushcraft and team building activities.
We are looking for a member of staff to become part of our team from April/May until the end of November 2019. This is initially a fixed term contract with the possibility of being extended.
- A passion for working with young people in the outdoors
- A variety of relevant NGB qualifications (to include ML Summer; SPA/RCI; UKCC Level 1 and 3 star or equivalent)
- Valid First Aid Certificate (min 16 hours)
- Full UK Driving Licence including D1
- Experience of delivering a variety of high quality outdoor educational experiences to young people
- Experience of working in combined water/rock environments (gorge walking/ sea level traversing/ coasteering)
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
- IT literate
- Additional desirable attributes
- Local Mine Leader Award Level 1
- UKCC Level 2 + 4* leader or equivalent
- Experience of or an interest in environmental education/ field studies (biology/geography/geology/etc)
- MIDAS minibus test or CPC
- D1 + E driving licence (minibus with trailer)
- Experience of delivering NGB courses
Please request an application form and job description/person specification from Duncan de Silva (Admin Officer) at:
Closing date: 1700hrs 25th March 2019
Interview date: Monday 8th April 2019
For further information on Marle Hall and what we have to offer please visit our website www.marlehall.co.uk