Seasonal Outdoor Instructor
Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre (Active Nation)
£7.90ph + benefits
Active Nation is a registered charity driven by its mission to persuade the nation to be active. It is fast growing and dynamic, we are looking for hardworking, enthusiastic instructors to come work with us in 2019. We are a teaching centre and look forward to helping you develop your skills.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ADVENTURE WITH A DIFFERENCE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre. We are looking for an exceptional instructor who is dynamic; self motivated and be able to draw on a range of outdoor coaching and teaching practices to create significant and beneficial experiences for our supporters. We would like someone who can translate their passion for sport into meaningful conversations with potential supporters and persuade them to get Active on one of our amazing courses or programmes.
Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre is set in 17 acres of woodland surrounded by a variety of water environments. As an LOtC, Adventure mark and British canoeing accredited Centre, Woodmill offers canoeing and kayaking courses as well as host of land and offground activities, including highropes, climbing and archery. The Centre caters for a wide range of users including adults, schools and families and has a Paddleabilty programme for people with disabilities.
WE’D LOVE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH YOU IF YOU’RE ABLE TO TELL US:
- How you will persuade people to share in your passion for water and adventure sports
- What motivates you and why a new challenge might appeal to you
- How you think we can use adventurous outdoor sports to achieve the Charity's mission
- Be passionate about sport and exercise, particularly in an outdoor adventurous setting and be able to inspire people to take part in meaningful activities
- As part of a team you will need to use your excellent observational skills to ensure we deliver the highest standards in health and safety and service quality
- Be able to lead on programmes and initiatives and demonstrate strategic creativity within selected projects you will be leading on
- Need to hold a range of outdoor instruction qualifications to enable you to lead sessions (minimum qualification required: British canoeing paddle sport instructor and CWA or ERCA award)
- Be able to develop excellent relationships with key supporters and partners and to contribute in achieving outstanding results
- Demonstrate a conscientious approach to resource management and have an aptitude to understand equipment maintenance
- Demonstrate unwavering attention to detail as you take part in a duty rota to fulfil the functions responsible for the day to day operation of the Centre
IN OUR VIEW EVERYTHING IN LIFE STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION AND WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
To apply please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and a covering letter to Charlotte.email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 22/3/19
ASSESSMENT DATES: 26/3/19 AND 27/3/19
*In order to be considered for the position you must be able to make the assessment date.
For more information visit out our website www.activenation.org.uk or call Charlotte Boyce-Smith on 07769645303
Active Nation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced CRB disclosure.