Health & Safety Manager
Lyon Equipment Limited
Full Time – Based at Tebay
Lyon Equipment Limited (Lyon) is an employee owned company serving the Outdoor, Work at Height and Rescue markets with ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’. We manufacture our own Lyon branded products, provide technical training and consultancy, and distribute a portfolio of trusted brands. Lyon provides a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment and values a good work life balance.
We are certified to ISO 9001 Quality management systems, ISO 14001 Environmental management systems and have achieved Investors in People certification. We are currently working towards ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems.
We are looking for a qualified H&S professional with a background in H&S and environmental business systems. This is a hands-on practical role, providing the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of H&S management in a small/medium organisation. You will be advising all functions of the business in H&S matters, working closely with the Managing Directors and management team to review and develop H&S systems, providing support and advice on all relevant H&S topics and working directly with employees.
Main duties include:
· Promote a strong safety culture within the business
· Advise and provide solutions to H&S queries
· Maintain H&S policies and procedures and implement in accordance with H&S legislation and ISO 45001 requirements
· Accident/incident/near-miss investigation
· Oversee company employee training and competence in H&S matters
· Oversee equipment calibration, servicing and inspection, i.e., LOLER, PUWER, pressure systems, LEV
· Liaise with H&S consultants and enforcing bodies as required
Other duties include:
· Ensure contractor approval process is implemented and maintained
· Support the Compliance Manager in ensuring environmental health
· Provide assistance with cross-auditing of internal quality and environmental processes
The person we seek will ideally meet the following criteria:
· Have Tech or Grad IOSH status and hold a NEBOSH General certificate (or equivalent)
· Current, up to date, on the job experience of working in a health and safety role
· Enjoy organising systems and projects in a logical manner
· Be a pragmatic problem solver with a positive outlook
· Have excellent computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel
· Have excellent command of written English
· Able to work and communicate effectively within all levels of a business
· Inquisitive and willing to suggest improvements and practical solutions
· Methodical with an eye for detail
· Self-motivated while also being happy to work as a team member
· Maintain confidentiality, integrity and discretion
Hours of work:
This is a full time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We work slightly longer hours Monday to Thursday in order to enjoy an early finish on a Friday every week! These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
The Benefits include:
· Commencing salary is likely to be in the range of £25,000 to £30,000
· 30 days paid holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
· A holiday purchase scheme
· Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
· Inclusion into our qualifying group personal pension scheme after three months of service
Upon successful completion of a six month probationary period:
· The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
· The cycle to work scheme is available
Lyon is an employee owned company; after the appropriate qualifying period the successful candidate will be eligible to become a shareholder when the next company share offer is made.
To apply for this position:
Please visit www.lyon.co.uk for an application pack or call Brenda Thexton on: 015396 24040
Please submit your completed Lyon application form (you may wish to include your CV in support of your application) to:
Debra Robinson – HR Manager
Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3 – 7 Tebay Business Park
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Thursday 21st March.
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing Monday 1st April.