Office Team Member,
Abernethy Barcaple - Christian Residential Adventure Centre in Scotland
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: Salary plus accommodation package
What is Abernethy?
Located in a secluded setting in the rolling hills of Dumfries and Galloway, Abernethy Barcaple is one of our four adventure activity centres in Scotland, a bunkhouse in Argyll and an additional winter training base in the Swiss Alps. The centre is less than 2 hours from Glasgow, Carlisle and Ayr and is ideally sited for easy access to the 7stanes bike trails of Kirroughtree, Dalbeattie, Mabie and Ae. Loch Ken and the Solway coast are within easy reach.
For nearly 50 years, the Abernethy Trust has been providing exceptional residential opportunities for primary schools, high schools, colleges and groups from all over the UK. We are a Christian organisation with a team of over 100 people, some full time and some part time, some here as a gap year and some as a long term career. Our staff team is motivated by their Christian faith and we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest, ensuring the best hospitality and customer service possible in some of the most stunning (and occasionally remote) locations in Scotland. Most of our opportunities are on a “live-in” basis and there is a great community atmosphere at our centres. Accommodation, meals and a salary are provided and there is the option to make use of the centre facilities and to visit the other Abernethy centres.
Should I apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This exciting role is essential to our ministry as our Administrators are often the first point of contact for booking enquiries. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and reliable and who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
Key Tasks of an Office Team member at Abernethy Barcaple:
- Deal with routine enquiries by phone, e-mail and face to face
- To handle enquiries at the Reception Desk and deal with them
- To provide information to guests and departments within the centre before, during and after a guest's visit
- To liaise with group leaders before and during their stay
- To undertake general administration relating to the running of a busy outdoor centre
- To ensure the administration of guest’s booking is efficient
- Actively involved in ‘Explore’ sessions, sharing our Christian faith
Skills & Qualifications – We are looking for someone who is/has:
- Good office and administration skills
- Previous experience of working in an office environment with Microsoft Office applications
- Previous experience of phone contact in a work environment
- Self-motivated, discreet and demonstrating initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Full-board single accommodation provided, or live-out allowance, and paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- You will be living as part of a Christian community in a beautiful part of Scotland
In the context of a Christian team, who are an intentional faith-based community, it is an Occupational Requirement, in terms of the Equality Act 2010, that this post is filled by a practising Christian.
Watch a short video about working for Abernethy:
Watch a short video about Abernethy Barcaple:
For a full job description:
How to Apply:
Contact Stephanie Walling: Abernethy Recruitment, E: email@example.com, T: 01479 818 001