Seasonal Activity Instructor
The LHYCA Scaladale Activity Centre
Salary £1300 per month
Required May – August
We are looking for a versatile, enthusiastic and competent individual to join our multi-activity team for the 2018 season on the Isle of Harris. The Scaladale Centre is situated on the border of Lewis and Harris with excellent access to the natural adventure playground surrounding it. The centre provides accommodation and activities for a range of clients with a predominant focus on schools and youth groups.
The main duties of the successful applicant will be to instruct and lead groups as
appropriate, to manage and set-up equipment and to assist with equipment, building and ground maintenance where necessary.
- UKCC level 2 Kayak Coach Award or equivalent
- Single Pitch Award or RCI
- A relevant water rescue award e.g. WWSR
- Experience working in a similar centre and with youth groups.
- Driving License (with D1ideally)
- Valid First Aid
- This Post will be subject to a PVG check.
- SRT1/GNAS/TCL or UKCC Level 2 MTB/RYA DI/SML
- 4* Sea would be a real advantage
- Summer Mountain Leader
Closing date: 21.12.18, Interviews week beginning Jan 7th 2019 (telephone/skype/video messenger/facetime can be arranged
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Job Spec available on request | For any other info contact Kate Lewis at:
The LHYCA Scaladale Centre
Isle of Harris
TELEPHONE: 01859 502 502
The Scaladale Centre is owned and run by the Lewis and Harris Youth Clubs Association (LHYCA) which is a Scottish Charity number SCO16425