SENIOR TUTOR (fixed term)
Belmont Centre, Meigle, Perthshire
SOEC is looking for an experienced Senior Tutor to organise and manage delivery of outdoor learning for a range of programmes and groups. The Senior Tutor works alongside our Centre Manager and Lead Tutor teams to plan, deliver and support staff in the development and delivery of residential programmes.
Senior Tutors are responsible for the development and support of staff and the maintenance of professional standards. They also provide leadership and advice, liaise with customer groups and deputise for the Centre Manager when required.
- a relevant degree preferably in outdoor learning, environmental education, teaching or youth work
- 3-5 years’ experience working on a range of outdoor programmes with clear outdoor learning outcomes
- Driving licence – preferably with D1+E
- Proven experience of supervising staff in a residential/outdoor Centre setting.
- The successful candidate will require to be registered on the PVG scheme.
Start date – January 2019
Subsidised accommodation on site is available if required.
Job information and an application form are available from email@example.com or www.soec.org.uk (or call 01899 221115) or https://www.soec.org.uk/about-us/job-opportunities/
Please contact us if you would like further information or would like to have an informal chat with the Manager.
Closing date for applications: 10 December