Freelance Sea Kayak Guide/Coach
NorWest Sea Kayaking
Description: Freelance Sea Kayak Guide/Coach - Each year we employ freelance to help during the main season. This post is flexible, and can be for certain freelance weeks during the season dependant on applicants availability and NorWest’s requirements.
Location: Ullapool, The Summer Isles, North-West Highlands of Scotland
Closing date 14/12/2019
Salary: The salary is negotiable dependant on qualifications.
Please contact Jules Macleod of NorWest Sea Kayaking for more information on: email@example.com
Call-07900 641 860
Send a message on Facebook - www.facebook.com/NorwestSeaKayaking.
To apply email an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
NorWest Sea Kayaking is a small company based in the North-West Highlands of Scotland. The Summer Isles, Ullapool and Assynt are one of the most spectacular areas to paddle in the UK.
The landscape is a wilderness of isolated sandstone peaks and a coastline of; white sand beaches, natural rock arches, caves, deserted islands & skerries with an abundance of flora and wildlife.
NorWest Sea Kayaking runs courses, luxury lodge based holidays, camping expeditions, day and half day tours and hire throughout the summer season. Our client group is mainly adults and families, and we focus on offering quality wilderness experiences.
- We are looking for someone with experience of working with a wide range of client groups.
- Someone who is able to coach people of differing levels simultaneously, who is able to use their initiative and the area/conditions to offer appropriate skills progression and be able to recognise clients wants, needs and fears and deal with them effectively.
- We are looking for a coach who has experience in running, day trips, courses and camping trips.
- BCU Level 3 sea kayak coach or UKCC 4*Leader (Sea Kayaking) preferably with MW endorsement
- UKCC Level 2 Coach (if in the UKCC scheme)
- Current First Aid Certificate relevant to the outdoor environment
- Car licence
Desirable but not essential:
- 5* Sea Kayak Training or Assessment
- UKCC Level 3 coach core training
- Bushcraft and forging skills
- Interest in geology, flora and fauna and a willingness to learn about these specific to the area.