Seasonal Activity Instructor
Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre
£15,470 to £18,000 pro rata d.o.e
Closing Date: Monday 14th January 2019
Contract period: Part time hours starting 11th February 2019, Full time hours from Mid March 2019 until 27th October 2019,
Interviews: Week commencing 21nd January 2019
Tucked away on the city boundary LOPC has 15 acres of land where we deliver exciting, inclusive adventurous activities on land, up our multi element High Ropes course, and on our own stretch of the River Soar.
We have 40,000 users per year, aged from 5 years upwards of all abilities and backgrounds. Our users include:
- Schools and Colleges
- Scout, Guide and other youth based organisations
- Holiday Schemes & After School Club
- Families and individuals taking part in our Adventure Club
- Birthday Parties
- Corporate training.
- LOPC also provides a diverse annual coach education programme for land and water activities.
Due to the success of last season we are expanding our Instructor team for 2018. We look for Instructors who complement our enthusiastic, motivated and friendly staff team. Previous experience and qualifications in the outdoors or working with children will be beneficial, though not essential. All new staff will be put on a host of National Governing Body and in-house training courses.
What we are offering with the role:
- In House training and National Governing Body Awards in Outdoor Activities
- Opportunities to develop ongoing group programs
- Quality outdoor uniform and discounts on outdoor kit
- Pay ranges from £15,470 to £18,000 pro rata, dependent on qualifications and experience
- Work place pension scheme
- Professional development workshops
- Further opportunities to take different key roles within the organisation
- Potential for extended contracts over winter
LOPC is a non-residential Centre so we cannot provide accommodation.
No C.V.s accepted. Successful applicants will be subject to 2 references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Further details including the application pack can be found at http://www.lopc.co.uk/get_involved/jobs/
For an informal chat please contact Chris Murnin – (0116) 2681426 – email@example.com