Seasonal Outdoor Education Instructor
Bowles Outdoor Centre
Two positions available
Salary Range - £16.5-£21k dependent on experience and qualifications.
Dates: February to the end of November 2019; likely to repeat in 2020.
Join our fantastic team at one of the UK’s top outdoor education centres based near Tunbridge Wells. http://www.bowles.ac/about-bowles/jobs-at-bowles
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated and experienced instructors who are passionate about outdoor learning and who will add quality to an excellent team.
Bowles is an independent charitable trust located at the stunning Bowles Rocks in the UK South East. A leader in outdoor learning for schools and colleges, the work is diverse and we also deliver Learning & Development for business, recreational activities for families and developmental experiences for disadvantaged young people.
Bowles has first class facilities including:
· 2 dry ski slopes
· Sandstone crag with 200 routes
· Indoor heated pool with fleet of Jackson kayaks
· High ropes, Low Ropes, Trapeze, Zip Wire, Jacob’s ladder
· Archery range
· Offsite activities include Mountain Biking, Orienteering, Kayak/Canoe, nearby crags
· Ensuite accommodation for instructional staff
The ideal candidate will have:
· At least two of the following qualifications;
o SPA or Southern Sandstone Award
o BCU/UKCC level 1 or 2
o BASI or UK Snowsports level 1
o Experience teaching a range of outdoor activities
· Strong interpersonal skills
· A professional approach
· A passion for outdoor learning
· ML or Lowland leader
· Pool lifeguard
· Ability to run outdoor sessions in:
Teambuilding; Orienteering; Rope courses; Archery; Snowboard; Mountain Biking;
· D1 minibus entitlement
To apply, please send a CV and application letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 14th Jan, interviews will take place soon after.
Ful job details.