Seasonal & Long Term Instructors
Outward Bound Hong Kong
- Seasonal Instructors (Feb to May 2019) - Closing date: Deadline: 14 Dec 2018
- Long Term Instructors (Jan 2019 Intake) - Closing Date: Deadline: 16 Nov 2018
Hong Kong’s leading provider of life-changing experiential education programmes is seeking Instructors for 2019.
• To be able to run Outward Bound courses effectively and with intentional focus to provide the very best educational outcomes for Outward Bound Hong Kong’s clients.
• To be an independent and self-sufficient instructor running a wide variety of programmes in a residential setting but predominantly concentrating on journey-based courses using sailing, sea kayaking and hiking as the mode of transport.
• To maintain high standards of safety at all times and maintain good working relationships and practices throughout the different departments that they work with.
• Minimum 21 years old
• Bronze Medallion Life Saving or equivalent
• Wilderness First Aid Certificate (WFA) or equivalent (including AED certification)
• Technical skill experience in sea kayaking, rock climbing, low ropes and hiking.
• A history of working with youth in an educational setting and/or professional corporate clients.
• APIOL or higher
• Completion of an outdoor training programme (e.g. Degree, Diploma)
• 2 NGB assessed awards
• Sailing experience
• Conversational Cantonese
• Outward Bound experience (other experiential education providers will also be considered.)
• A belief in developing human potential
• Open and honest communication skills
• A willingness to be flexible in regards to situations, working hours and conditions
• An eye for detail and safety
• A willingness to train and develop fellow staff
Find more information in the section or Recognition of Prior Learning Entry in http://www.outwardbound.org.hk/careers/becoming-an-obhk-instructor.
Interested parties please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.