Assistant Centre Manager - with responsibility for paddlesports programme
Leam Boat Centre
£18,000 – £25,000 per annum - dependent on experience
Leam Boat Centre is a small but vibrant paddlesports centre based in the centre of Leamington Spa, with a tight knit community of staff and customers. No two days are the same which makes the centre a fun and unique place to be.
For a bright, enthusiastic and hard working paddler, this is a great opportunity to join our team on a permanent full time contract.
You will take a leading role (with support from the centre manager) in the planning and delivery of a wide range of sessions in canoe, kayak, and SUP. We offer a broad program covering kid courses, taster sessions, qualification courses and training, birthday parties, and weekend river trips away. Our clients include school and youth groups, adults, children, families, corporate groups - the lot!
You will work alongside the manager, existing coaches and deck crew to ensure the smooth day to day running of the centre to the consistently high professional standards that our customers expect.
Other responsibilities will include ensuring public boat hire operations run smoothly and safely, the canoe and kayak kit shop is looked after when manager is off and customer enquiries are dealt with quickly and professionally.
The role is a physical job and you will need to be fit and strong. The ideal candidate would be someone that's hard-working, friendly and willing to get stuck in! You will need to be confident with both customers and staff, and have a professional approach to work.
This is a full time contract with a uniform monthly wage - however due to the seasonal nature of the business you will work more days in the summer and less over the winter months, allowing more time for your personal paddling.
- Enthusiasm towards paddlesport
- UKCC Level 2 Coach
- First class telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Customer service experience
- Good level of computer literacy and numeracy
- Able to work under own initiative and within a team
- Reliable, organised, and able to work under pressure
- Hold a mature and responsible attitude to work
- Any leader (or 4 star) qualifications - whitewater, open canoe or sea
- Evidence of success in a previous supervisory or leadership role
- Degree or similar
- Practical maintenance skills, any mechanical, electrical or carpentry experience
- Full driving licence and own transport
- Coach Educator
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense. To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you require more information please feel free to call us for an informal chat on 01926 88 99 28.
Closing date for applications: 20th December 2018
Start Date – March 2019