Food and Beverage Manager
Department: Food + Beverage
1. Job Details
(a) Responsible to: General Manager
(b) Responsible for (subordinates): Chefs, Kitchen Porters, Bar Supervisor, Bar Staffs
© Working Hours: 37.5 p.w (averaged) (d) Salary Range: £25,000 – £30,000
(e) Essential Qualifications:
· Up to date Health and safety food hygiene certificates.
· Valid Chef qualification.
(f) Essential Experience:
· 2+ years of management/leadership experience.
· 3+ years of Chef duties.
· Stock control/planning.
· Stock purchasing.
· Event planning/management.
· Staff schedule creation.
· Menu creation and delivery.
· Basic computer competency skills (Microsoft + G-Suite)
· Customer/service focused whilst delivering excellence in all responsibilities.
· Activity Centre experience is preferred but not essential.
2. Job Summary:
As the Food and Beverage Manager you will be responsible for the overall running and delivery of two areas of our business. The first area will be our on-site bar and bistro “The Paddlers Return”. Here you will be utilising existing chef and management skills in leading the kitchen/bar team and delivering our bespoke menu. Alongside this you will be; working with our marketing team on events planning, identifying appropriate suppliers and assisting in overall business development amongst other tasks. The second area will be within our residential activity centre. Here you will be leading the delivery of our residential/group catering. This is predominantly a set menu with group sizes ranging from 10 to up to 80. This will include breakfast, lunch and dinner sittings. You will have some “back of house”/office centred work which will include scheduling, stock ordering and working within the senior leadership team on logistical planning and overall business development.
3. Key Tasks:
· Manage all F+B operations within budget and to a high standard.
· Plan, forecast and execute food and beverage orders.
· Ensure operational compliances within Health and Safety + Food Hygiene.
· Plan, hire, train, oversee and manage members of staff.
· Plan, forecast and execute appropriate menu offerings across the operation.
· Chef duties.
· Kitchen and bar cleaning scheduling.
· Staff rota creation.
· Bespoke events planning alongside the marketing team.
Closing Date: 31/12/2019
To apply email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org