Work and Rescue Department Marketing Administrator
– 12 month contract (Maternity cover)
Full Time - Based at Tebay
Lyon Equipment is a leading supplier, manufacturer and training provider of specialist access, positioning and protection equipment for working at height and technical rescue.
We are seeking to appoint a Marketing Administrator to work within our expanding
Work & Rescue department. Applications are invited from individuals with experience of marketing who are looking for a challenging role with a practical, hands-on approach.
Our strong and long established client base comes from a number of market sectors including construction, oil and gas, renewable energy, utilities, Government agencies and the emergency services.
We also provide a comprehensive range of training and certification for working at height.We have been an active participant in the Industrial Rope Access Trade Association since its inception, developing safe working techniques and supplying the best equipment in the business.
Our sales extend from individual components through to complete work system solutions; with supply managed via the retail trade and direct to specialist end users.We have a team of work at height and technical rescue specialists who respond to enquiries from existing and prospective clients.
The job will involve:
• Assisting the department’s Sales and Training Managers in the research, planning and deployment of sales and marketing strategies to increase sales for our Work & Rescue products and services at home and overseas
• Facilitating products and services promotion via online and e-campaigns, press releases, social media, newsletters, B2B, digital and print media publications.
• Organising Lyon Work & Rescue trade shows and events
• Providing support to Work & Rescue Sales Representatives team
• Monitoring and day to day control of the department marketing budget
The person we seek will ideally meet the following criteria:
• Have a proven track record within sales promotion and development
• Be organised and numerate, with a good attention to detail
• Be able to prioritise and manage a varied workload
• Possess good language and communication skills, both written and verbal – essential for dealing with our customers
• Be self-motivated and driven with the ability to work within a bigger team
• Have excellent organisational skills
• Have motivation to undertake personal training and development
• Have practical user knowledge of some of the products from our range and be keen to learn
• This is a full time office based role at our head office in Tebay
Hours of work:
This is a full time position which equates to 37.5 hours per week. We work slightly longer hours Monday – Thursday in order to enjoy an early finish on a Friday every week. These hours are Monday to Thursday 08:00
– 17:00 and Friday 08:30 – 14:00.
The Benefits include:
• Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £18,000 - £21,000
• 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
• Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
• A holiday purchase scheme
• Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
• Free use of Company loan kit when available
Upon successful completion of a three month probationary period:
• The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
Lyon is an employee owned company. After the appropriate qualifying period the successful candidate will be eligible to become a shareholder.
To apply: Application forms can be downloaded from our website www.lyon.co.uk, alternatively please contact Brenda Thexton on 015396 24040.
Please return your completed application (you may also include a C.V should you wish) to: Debra Robinson
Lyon Equipment Limited Unit 3-7 Tebay Business Park Old Tebay
Penrith CA10 3SS Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th November
Interviews likely to take place week commencing: 18th November
Equity & Diversity monitoring