Qualified Outdoor Instructor
Wilderness Foundation UK
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Contract Type: Self-Employed Contractor Salary: £130 per day
About Wilderness Foundation UK
Established in South Africa in 1956, the Wilderness Foundation has taken 40,000 people into the wild. Based at Chatham Green in Essex, the Wilderness Foundation reaches in the region of over 5000 children, young people and adults per year.
The purpose of the Foundation is to prepare and educate for the future. We believe that nature and wild spaces are of incalculable value not just to maintain biodiversity and wildlife but for human wellbeing. All our projects and programmes have the same basis – to connect people to nature for wellbeing benefits, mental, spiritual and physical – and to teach people in turn to care for nature into the future by teaching Leave no Trace Ethics, respect and understanding of our impact on a web of life.
Registered Charity No: 1118493 (England and Wales) SC041697 (Scotland)
· Plan and deliver outdoor activities
· Facilitate personal development of young people or adults at risk
· Explain, advise and demonstrate outdoor activities
· Instruct in specialist areas such as bushcraft
· Make sure all equipment and facilities are safe
· Explain safety procedures and risk oversight
· Oversee volunteers
· Compile progress report of individual participants as part of overall reporting plans
· Attend supervision with CEO at the end of each programme
· Attend other internal or external meetings when required
· Adhere to Leave No Trace ethics and values (training available)
· Qualified professional outdoor instructor
· At least 2 years of outdoor experience in working with young people at risk
· Experience in group facilitation
· Experience or training in behaviour change or personal development, e.g. NLP, CBT
· Qualified outdoor first aider
· Good Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
· A team player who loves nature and believe in the same ethos as the Charity’s
· Passionate about supporting vulnerable children, young people and adults
An enhanced DBS and a valid professional indemnity insurance are essential for this role.
This post is subject to reference check.
To apply, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org