£22,959 – £28,701
Starting Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Calvert Lakes, a specialist outdoor education centre for people with disabilities, currently has a vacancy for a full time Chief Instructor. The successful applicant will work with the Centre Manager and three senior instructors, having delegated responsibility for the day-to-day oversight of the activities department with a key role in staff inductions, training and monitoring.
We are looking for someone with experience of leading a successful team ensuring consistent high standards of instruction are delivered and guests’ aims and expectations are met.
They will have a wide range of activity delivery skills and be able to display effective and inspirational leadership to our instructional team.
The successful candidates should hold a range of National Governing Body awards from organisations such as BC, RYA and MT, one or more senior qualifications, experience of working in residential centres and an interest in working with people with disabilities.
Achieving Educational Aims and Objectives
· Ensuring all visitors to Calvert Lakes receive an outstanding experience and that group aims and objectives are met.
· Making sure the centre is welcoming place to visit
· Able to make visiting group leaders feel important and engaged with us
· Programmes meet the requirements of our guests
· Coaching and mentoring the team.
· Line management of activity instructors and supervision of volunteers.
· Managing external contractors and freelance staff.
Activity Quality and Safety
· Ensuring operating procedures are updated and followed and current NGB best practise maintained. Keep up to date with current industry best practice
· Ensuring relevant checks, processes and paperwork are maintained to meet external and internal standards.
· Support the instructional team to ensure they have the training and development they need to be perform their job to the best of their ability.
· Working to develop and improve existing and new activities.
· Delivery and development of Disability Awareness Training courses.
Staff Inductions, Training and Monitoring
· Proven experience of ensuring high standards of instruction are delivered through a robust induction programme followed by ongoing monitoring and training.
Candidates must be a minimum of 21 years of age with a full (preferably clean drivers licence), and driving test must have been taken prior to 1 Jan 1997 or a commitment to obtain PSV licence is undertaken.
For the job description and application form please contact: Calvert Lakes on 01768 772255 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 7th May 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 10th May 2021
Start Date: 14th June 2021 or by negotiation