Centre Duty Manager
Tees Barrage International White Water Centre
Tees Barrage International White Water Centre & Air Trail Tees Barrage are looking to recruit a
Centre Duty Manager £25587 per annum Job Reference: 158
Permanent contract Starting 1st June 2021 37 hours per week
Tees Barrage International White Water Centre has an exciting opportunity for a skilled and motivated watersports coach to manage and develop our unique site which offers a wide range of watersports and offers the largest Air trail within the UK.
Tees Active is a charitable leisure trust that invests ‘every single penny’ of profit in to providing a variety of exciting and rewarding leisure activities to enable the local community to lead a healthier, happier, and more active life.
Based in the community our modern facilities, including an international standard white water centre, state-of-the-art fitness clubs, and the North East’s leading Ice Arena provide the perfect environment for Tees Active to promote physical activity with the aim of inspiring active lifestyles, improving health and wellbeing and building stronger communities.
With over 250 employees Tees Active are committed to workforce training and personal development and the successful candidate will apply their knowledge, experience, and training to play an integral part in the future success of Tees Active
TEES BARRAGE AND AIR TRAIL
Tees Barrage International White-Water Centre is a twin channelled artificial white-water course which offers White Water Rafting, Technical Rescue Training alongside Powerboat Training, White Water Kayaking, Canoeing and Team Building activities.
In addition to the White-Water course Tees Active also operate Air Trail Tees Barrage which opened February 2016. Air Trail consists of 4 levels, 17m high course.
We are looking for an organised and motivated individual who will have responsibility for delivering high quality, safe and well delivered sessions to our varied client base, the day to day operation of the facility, ongoing staff development and oversee of our freelance staff team. You will be an experienced coach with the aptitude and maturity to lead a diverse team with an eye for detail and customer care.
Applicants must be self-motivated, have the ability to manage the onsite teams and enjoy working with a varied range of customers of different ages and abilities.
· Paddle sport Leader or equivalent
· Willing to undertake and obtain BC L1 Raft Guide/Stadium award
· Marketing and promotion experience
· Experience of managing staff including their training and development
· Excellent knowledge of British Canoeing, AALA and Risk Assessment procedures
· IT literate, capable of using MS Word, Excel, and Office packages.
· Experience of working with bookings systems and keeping accurate records.
· First Aid Certificate.
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Enjoy interacting and motivating customers to build their confidence and skills.
· Able to prioritise workload, to plan and allocate targets to meet deadlines.
· Experience of managing a team.
· RYA Powerboat Instructor
· British Canoeing Coach Award
· White Water Kayak Coach (MW)
· White Water Canoe Coach (MW)
The successful applicant will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion, please contact Chris Gibbens, Centre Manager, Tees Barrage, on (01642) 528026.
In return you will be rewarded with excellent Company benefits including:
• Free Swimming and Gym membership and discounted class rates
• Pension Scheme including employer contributions
• Bespoke professional training and development
• Employee benefits package via Westfield Health
• An opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and diverse professional team
• Discounts on outdoor items from our North Shore shop.
To be part of this successful organisation, please download an application via www.teesactive.co.uk/career-opportunities/
Closing date: Noon, Wednesday, 5 May 2021
Interview date: Thursday, 13 May 2021
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com or by post to: HR Team, Redheugh House, 3rd Floor, Thornaby Place, Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6SG.
C.V.s will not be considered.
Please quote reference 158 on your application form.
If we have not contacted you within 6 weeks of the closing date, we would thank you for your interest in the vacancy but on this occasion your application will not be progressed.