Live In - Assistant Centre Manager
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 pro rata DOE
Start / End Date: ASAP to end of September
Working Pattern: 40 hours
Reports to: Centre Manager
Accommodation: Onsite accommodation is available – for those wishing to live off site there will be a requirement for overnight duties throughout the season.
Rockley are excited to be offering a brand new opportunity for a motivated, outgoing, leader to take on the Assistant Centre Manager role at their brand new outdoor centre based in Dorset. Based in the beautiful Purbeck region of Dorset this brand new centre boasts 96 acres of counrtyside, woodland and even its own lake. This provides an incredible environment for us to offer a variety of activities and camping options, a wide range of programmes catering for all kinds of groups, there is most certianly something for everyone.
The role of the Assistant Manager is to support the Centre Manager in overseeing all aspects of the centre. They will assist in providing our clients with a safe, enjoyable and high quality residential experience. This Assistant Manager will be the first point of contact to deputise in the absence of the Centre Manager.
Rockley is one of the leading providers of watersports training and school activity trips in the UK. With its main centre based in Poole, Rockley has over 45 years’ experience in the industry. At Rockley we pride ourselves on being one of the premier training providers in the UK for professional development and one of the leading operators of overseas adventure holidays for schools and groups. We work with an amazing team of individuals who are responsible for offering the highest quality watersports and adventure training and holidays for all our customers.
Key Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Management of the Centre Team
• Provide high quality, organised customer service to all our clients.
• Maintain the standards outlined in the company’s standard and local operating procedures.
• Ensure the teams attitude to work, personal presentation, and customer service is in line with the company ethos.
• Liaise with the Centre Manager to ensure good management of the Centre team and provides a safe, well organised, motivated and happy environment for clients and team alike.
Standards of the activities delivered
• Provide overall supervision of all the Centres activities. Working closely with the Centre Manager and Senior staff.
Safety of clients and our team onsite including during activities
• Ensure clients and staff are aware of and follow our safety procedures and policies.
• Make sure staff are monitored and evaluated at regular intervals.
• Ensue staff undergo appropriate inductions, Centre orientation and training for their role including reading and understanding the accident, incident and fire procedure document.
• Ensure staff have undergone the appropriate induction, Centre orientation and training for their role including reading and understanding the SOP’s, LOPs’, accident, incident and fire procedure documents
• Ensure that all administrative and official duties are completed correctly and filed in the correct place.
• Keep accounts, reports, orders, weekly schedules and personnel documents up to date.
• Staff programming of the week ahead. Client and Supplier Relations
• Ensure good relationships with the campsite and French suppliers as well as providing a high level of customer service to our clients.
Deputising for the Centre Manager
• Running the Centre in the absence of the Centre Manager & care taker role in absence of Manager in hours off.
· First Aid Certificate Hold both or one of the below qualifications:
• ECRA High Ropes Instructor
• BC Paddlesport Instructor Award
• ERCA Generic Rescuer
• BC Sheltered Water Coach
• Archery GB Instructor Award
• NSRA YPS Tutor
• Operational Inspector Course
• PPE Inspector Course
• Full UK Divers License
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Minimum of one season working in a supervisory position in a Centre environment.
• Experience mentoring and developing staff.
• Experience working with volunteers
• Ability to motivate.
• Flexible & professional manner
• Good communicator
• Good customer service
• Experience with the Cinolla Booking System
+ 44 (0) 1202 677 272