Active Adventure Operations Manager
Active Adventure – part of the Oxford Active company
Salary: £26,000 Hours: Full Time 52 weeks a year
· To develop and build a high quality Active Adventure brand, increasing its variety and volume
· To be responsible for the smooth running and high quality of all Active Adventure programmes
· To ensure the short and long term viability of the brand.
· With the guidance of the Managing Director, create and execute a business development strategy, in line with the company’s goals and values, to develop new programmes and initiatives to increase the exposure, sales and efficiency of Active Adventure.
· Plan and prepare a range of different Active Adventure programmes that meet the aims and objectives of this strategy
· Manage and maintain a detailed budget of all costs involved in running the programmes
· Compile regular reports analysing the progress of the business development strategy and budgets/financial planning.
· Regularly meet with schools and business partners to sell all adventure programmes and review their success
· Liaise with the Operations Managers where necessary on company-wide initiatives and joint collaborative projects.
· Purchase, organise and maintain all Active Adventure equipment.
· Plan, oversee and often execute logistical plans for moving equipment and staff to different venues.
· Update all relevant booking systems with product information.
· Update any relevant governing bodies such as Ofsted with changes to provisions.
· Ensure compliance for all Adventure Operations with all relevant governing bodies such as HSE, Ofsted and ICO including where necessary being the named individual.
· Oversee the delivery of all programmes and ensure a high quality of service, including the compliance of all programmes with legislative requirements and company policies.
· Create robust operational processes to ensure the smooth running of programmes including continuity plans in the event of staff absence or emergencies.
· Create, distribute, collect and check all paperwork required for the delivery of all adventure programmes
· Coordinate with business partners where needed to ensure the smooth running of all programmes
· Always prioritise and ensure the safety of any participants or staff in any programme
· Regularly review all programmes and action improvements based on feedback given by any and all involved in the delivery or participation of each program.
· With support from Operations Managers conduct quality control visits of holiday camp and after school club programmes, producing a feedback report including suggestions for improvement.
· Oversee and implement a risk management policy for all areas of the brand.
· Oversee on site management in the role of Camp Manager for at least 25 days.
· With support from the Managing Director create and execute a in depth marketing strategy.
· Sending marketing mail shots and analysing their success.
· Managing and promoting the Adventure social media accounts.
· Tasking and approving graphic design work to contribute to all elements of the marketing strategy.
· Writing blog content regularly
· Maintaining and improving a WordPress website.
· Assist the recruitment team in the advertising and creation of roles including forming job descriptions, adverts and specifications
· Filter candidates.
· Interview staff related to adventure programmes
· Run regular training sessions for Oxford Active and Adventure staff in a wide range of disciplines
· Create a number of company resources and materials to support the induction training and development of staff
· Develop and deliver a CPD program for all Adventure staff.
· Ensure all Active Adventure staff receive regular reviews and formal feedback
· Coordinate with staff and Finance and Bookings admin to ensure an accurate record of working hours for the purposes of payroll and on-site logistics.
· Conduct ,chair staff disciplinary actions for all Adventure staff and support other Operations Managers for other staff in line with the company policy with support from HR consultants and Managing Director.
· Over see and organise a training program for all Oxford Active employees including booking processes and delivery of first aid training and other disciplines where necessary.
· Liaise with other Operations Managers to ensure equal access to the program from all areas of the company.
· Sell empty spaces to business partners and the general public.
· Support the head office team in answering main phone lines and answering queries
· Work within company policies and procedures at all times
· As necessary support colleagues during seasonal times where workloads fluctuate.
· Undertake all duties within an Equal Opportunities framework
· All our staff need to undergo strict safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
· The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Location: Head office, based in Oxford
Closing date: 25/05/20
Apply Via our online application form: https://www.cognitoforms.com/OxfordActive/ApplicationForm
If you have any questions please contact HR@oxfordactive.co.uk