Chasewater Activity Centre
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: (TBC with the successful candidate)
Probation Period: 6 months
Notice Period: 1 week during probation / 1 month thereafte
We are looking for a dynamic Centre Manager who has experience in both residential and outdoor activity centre management, to play a pivotal part in the setup and ongoing development of our new Chasewater Centre. The successful candidate will have experience in all aspects of running a busy outdoor pursuits centre, including a residential facility where as well as the day to day running of the Centre and staff management, facilitating on site hospitality and catering provisions is a key element of the role.
Responsibilities of Appointment
· Position shall have overall responsibility for running the appointed centre(s). This includes:
· Putting safety first
· Ensuring that the centre is consistently delivering a high-quality product
· Ensuring the centre remains budget focused at all times
· Line management of the onsite team
· Contributing to the delivery of staff training and in-house activity sign off in line with best practice
· Contribute to product and business development activities
· Collaborate with Operations Manager and HR to recruit staff as the need arises
· Management of out of scope activity safety documentation
· Maintenance of AALA licences and other accreditations as relevant to centre
· Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to promote and sell
· Management of centre specific merchandise and tuck
· Management and development of physical resources (buildings, land and equipment as appropriate)
· Consistent application of company appraisal process for the onsite team
· Any other reasonable duties commensurate with your role and level of remuneration, which may from time to time be required by the business.
· Experience in a residential activity centre environment.
· Proven success in residential activity centre management, including the running of catering and hospitality provisions.
· Experience of youth work or working with emotional, learning and behavioural difficulties
· Outdoor First Aid Qualification (min 16 hour)
· Minimum of 1 years’ experience in proficiently delivering of outdoor activities
· A passion for delivering outdoor adventure and education
· High level of customer service
· Full UK driving licence
· Flexible approach to working hours and able to work away if required
· Proven leisure management experience
· Experience managing the logistics of an activity centre
· Working knowledge of sector specific regulation and licensing requirements.
· 2 national governing body awards, ie, ML, RCI, Paddles Sports Coach, RYA DI, etc, or equivalent
· Other national governing awards, ie Archery GB, RYA Safety Boat, ERCA, DofE Assessor, RPIOL or APIOL
· Personal supporting knowledge of a broad range of outdoor and adventurous activities
· Continuing personal participation in outdoor and adventurous activities
· Proven ability to manage challenging situations and leadership and influencing skills
· Full UK driving licence with D1 or +E entitlement
· Experience towing a trailer.
Pay & Remuneration
Salary between £24,000-£28,000 dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Due to the variation of our activities and changing customer requirements our working day is of a flexible nature. Working days are normally approximately 8 hours and may include weekend and bank holiday working.
How to apply: https://peakpeople.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=336a0d1a-f6fa-4799-9edd-0588f7ff7280