Runway's End Outdoor Centre
Salary Range: £32,109 - £36,139 per annum *Applications for relocation allowance up to £5k may be considered.
Work Location: Aldershot, Hampshire
Hours per week: 37
Contract Type: Permanent
Interview Date: 8 January 2020
Closing Date: 17 December 2019
Hampshire Outdoor Centres are seeking an Operations Manager to lead the delivery and development of Runway’s End Outdoor Centre in Aldershot near Farnborough. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated individual to play a significant role in the development of this unique centre.
Our mission as an organisation is to deliver outdoor education programmes which enhance a young person’s personal, social and academic development through a journey of challenge, adventure and self-discovery. Runway’s End is a key part of this, and we need someone with real flair and enthusiasm to lead this centre’s development.
Located on the banks of the Basingstoke Canal in Aldershot North Hampshire, Runway’s End is a purpose-built outdoor education centre within a pine forest setting. With eco credentials such as rain water harvesting and wood chip heating, the centre is a perfect place for young people to take part in environmental education, complimented by a range of excellent onsite outdoor and indoor activities. The centre has capacity for 71 in high quality bunkhouse accommodation, as well as a large camping ground, Glamping Pod Village and conference facilities.
Ideally, we're looking for someone with either Primary/Secondary Qualified Teacher Status and/or outdoor education teaching experience, who has good experience of developing environmental programmes to Primary aged children. It’s not essential to hold NGB Outdoor Qualifications, although this would be an advantage. It is essential that you have experience of managing a small team and business acumen to drive the centre forward. A full induction and development plan will be put in place for the successful candidate.
If you're someone who understands the real benefits of Outdoor Education and shares our mission and values, then we'd love to hear from you!
For more information about the centre and Hampshire Outdoor Centres please see our website https://www.hants.gov.uk/thingstodo/outdoorcentres/ourcentres
Hampshire County Council offers a competitive salary and benefits package, please see our website for details:- Our Benefits Package
Additional Role Information:
Please click on this link for the Job Summary and Person Specification for this role.
The following section provides an outline of the working conditions that may be encountered in this role:
- Manual handling to include lifting of people and objects over 15kg, weekly requirement
- Display Screen Equipment User
- Job Characteristics will include: Direct supervision of children
- Work Environment will include: Working in or over water, Hot environment, Cold environment, Entry into confined spaces, Sun exposure, Lone working, Outdoor work
- Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied
- Driving to include: Mini bus, Passenger Services Vehicle (PSV), Hampshire County Council badged vehicle, use of own vehicle for work purposes
- Biological hazards to include: Animals / birds / reptiles, Moulds / Fungi such as mouldy vegetable matter / bird handling, Human blood or human bodily fluid such as First Aid, Soil, Waste (infrequent contact)
This post is subject to a criminal records check.
The job details can be found here