Assistant Centre Manager
Leam Boat Centre
£19,000 – 25,000 per annum - dependent on experience
For a bright, enthusiastic and hard working paddler, this is a great opportunity to join our team as a permanent staff member. This is a full time, 5 day a week contract - however due to the seasonal nature of the business you will work more hours in the summer period and less over the winter months.
This is one role which combines responsibility for 2 key areas.
1. Assistant Centre Manager.
You will work alongside a manager, coaches and deck crew to ensure the professional day to day running of the whole centre. This includes overseeing the below areas:
a) Paddle sport program and all coaches/ deck crew. Handling customer enquiries in an efficient and professional manner whether by phone, email or in person.
b) Public boat hire set up, (row boats, pedalos, canoes, kayaks and sups); issuing customer tickets and equipment, supervising younger deck staff, and managing cash up procedures.
c) Assisting in paddle sport retail shop when necessary, serving customers and handling enquiries;
d) Ensuring ice cream shop is stocked and running smoothly;
e) Ensuring business is kept, clean, tidy, and operating in a safe and professional manner.
2. Paddle sport Coach
As a senior paddle sport coach you will help plan, schedule and deliver a wide range of sessions across different disciplines (Canoe, Kayak, SUP). We offer a large programme of courses and sessions which include school groups, children's lessons, birthday parties, qualification courses and training, and some weekend trips away.
- Enthusiasm towards paddle sport
- UKCC Level 2 Coach/Paddlesport Coach award holder or higher.
- First class telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Customer service experience
- Good level of computer literacy and numeracy
- Reliable, organised, and able to work under pressure at peak times
- Hold a mature and responsible attitude to work
- Evidence of success in a previous supervisory or leadership role
- Any leadership qualifications - whitewater, open canoe or sea
- Practical maintenance skills, any mechanical, electrical or carpentry experience
- Full driving licence & own transport
- Coach Educator Qualifications
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense. To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you require more information please feel free to call us for an informal chat on 01926 88 99 28.
Closing date for applications: 20th December 2019
Start Date – March 2020