Lee Valley White Water Centre
Salary: £21,578 – £23,633 per annum, pro rata plus excellent benefits
Location: Lee Valley White Water Centre (EN9 1AB)
Type of position: Fixed Term Contract (37.5 hours per week)
Outgoing, friendly and strive to deliver top rate customer experiences? Then this could be the role for you.
Monday to Sunday Shift Rota Pattern
Lee Valley Regional Park Authority is a dynamic organisation, driven by a passion for sport, leisure and entertainment. Managing 14 sport and leisure destinations, including three London 2012 venues: Lee Valley White Water Centre, Lee Valley VeloPark and Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre, we thrive on delivering exceptional customer experiences and creating vibrant visitor destinations.
As an Activity instructor your main responsibility is to provide an excellent activity experience for all participants. This will be accomplished by identifying their aims and expectations ensuring they are met and exceeded. You will be responsible for the delivery of a variety of activities depending on your ability and qualifications. During these activities you will provide and maintain a safe, enjoyable experience for all participants with a high level of customer service.
Key requirements and duties:
· To instruct and supervise activity sessions that are safe and in line with the centres Normal Operating Procedures(NOPs) and Training Criteria
· Liaise with all participants throughout the activity to ensure their expectations are being fulfilled and problems are resolved efficiently
· Provide the customers with the basic skills and encouragement so they can fully participate in the activity session
· Engage with all visitors to the centre and ensure all participating customers are given an enjoyable activity experience
· To work with other activity staff to ensure all activities have the appropriate resources and the customers have the best possible experience.
· To assist with Staff training and development if required
· To be responsible for all equipment required as part of your role and manage it appropriately
· To perform any reasonable tasks to support the centre which are outside your usual job role with commitment and enthusiasm.
At Lee Valley, we’ll help you grow, learn and develop to ensure that together our shared values are always met. In return you’ll receive a competitive salary, generous benefits and an enjoyable working environment.
Successful applicants will be required to obtain a Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure Barring Service, for which assistance will be given.
If you feel that you have the right blend of skills for this role please apply online using the link provided or alternatively download an application form and return it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5 May 2021
Link for candidate applications: