Tees Barage International White Water
WATERSPORTS INSTRUCTOR –TEES BARRAGE INTERNATIONAL WHITE WATER COURSE
Job Reference: 161
Temporary contract 1st June – 31st October 2021 - 37 hours per week
with the possibility of extension of contract.
£10.37 per hour
Tees Active is a charitable leisure trust that invests ‘every single penny’ of profit in to providing a variety of exciting and rewarding leisure activities to enable the local community to lead a healthier, happier and more active life.
Based in the community our modern facilities, including state-of-the-art fitness clubs, an international standard white water centre and the North East’s leading Ice Arena provide the perfect environment for Tees Active to promote physical activity with the aim of inspiring active lifestyles, improving health and wellbeing and building stronger communities.
With over 250 employees Tees Active are committed to workforce training and personal development and the successful candidate will apply their knowledge, experience and training to play an integral part in the future success of Tees Active
We are currently seeking a Watersports Instructor to join our team to deliver water-based sessions. The role will predominantly include delivery of kayaking, open canoeing, raft building and bell boating sessions to a wide variety of customers along with helping with the smooth day-to- day operation of the venue.
Applicants must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with a varied range of customers of different ages and abilities.
· Paddle sport Leader or equivalent
· Safeguarding certificate (can be gained through Tees Active)
· First Aid Certificate (can be gained through Tees Active)
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Enjoy interacting and motivating customers to build their confidence and skills.
· Powerboat Instructor
· SUP Support Module
· Moderate Water Endorsement
The successful applicant will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion, please contact Keith Cresser, Duty Manager, Tees Barrage, on (01642) 678000.
In return you will be rewarded with excellent Company benefits including:
• Free Swimming and Gym membership and discounted class rates
• Pension Scheme including employer contributions
• Bespoke professional training and development
• Employee benefits package via Westfield Health
• An opportunity to work alongside a dynamic and diverse professional team
• Discounts on outdoor items from our North Shore shop.
To be part of this successful organisation, please download an application via www.teesactive.co.uk/career-opportunities/
Closing date: Noon, Wednesday, 5 May 2021
Interview date: Friday, 14 May 2021
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: HR Team, Redheugh House, 3rd Floor, Thornaby Place, Thornaby, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6SG.
C.V.s will not be considered.
Please quote reference 161 on your application form.
If we have not contacted you within 6 weeks of the closing date, we would thank you for your interest in the vacancy but on this occasion your application will not be progressed.