Adventurous Activity Co-ordinator
Lambourne End Centre
Salary £24,000 per annum
The Lambourne End Centre are looking for an Adventurous Activity Co-ordinator to coordinate the delivery of adventurous activities and the D of E Award at the Centre. This will include ensuring that equipment, materials and facilities are fit for purpose at all times and that instructors are appropriately trained to ensure the highest possible standards of delivery.
The Lambourne End Centre is a fantastic 54 acre site in south west Essex which is full of opportunity. The Centre’s scenic location in a rural setting, yet on the doorstep of East London’s urban fringe creates a unique resource. It offers visiting groups (predominantly from East London) a completely alternative perspective. The Centre boasts residential accommodation and training facilities, outdoor adventure activities, a garden project and a working farm with dedicated environmental areas. These are used to generate a wide range of programmes which promote and deliver personal development opportunities for young people, especially those at risk or struggling in traditional mainstream environments. All the programmes are designed to encourage team building, problem solving and communication skills, as well as build confidence and raise aspirations.
Suitable candidates should have:
· Adventurous Activity experience and a technical understanding of safety management systems and national governing body guidelines that ensure safe delivery of adventurous activities
· A minimum of 4 NGB coaching qualifications preferably including Mountain Leader with RCI or Paddle Sports coach at Level 2.
· Experience or interest in integrating adventurous activities in to wider personal development or outdoor learning programmes
· Experience of dealing with a range of challenging behaviours and complex needs.
· Possess a strategic vision for developing, delivering and growing adventurous activity provision at the Centre.
· Cultural sensitivity and commitment to Lambourne End's Equal Opportunities Policy
The post is based on a 35 hour week but will involve flexible working, including some weekend and evenings
Due to the nature of the work, the post will be subject to a DBS check.
The application pack for this position can downloaded from the Lambourne End website: https://www.lambourne-end.org.uk/jobs ; alternatively, to request an application pack, please contact Carolan Casey on 020 8500 3047 extension 221, or via email: email@example.com - please note that CVs will not be accepted in application for this position.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st December 2019 and interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held shortly after the closing date.