Centre Supervisor/Paddlesport Coach
Leam Boat Centre
Centre Supervisor/Paddlesport Coach - Part Time - 4 days a week
£18,000 – £24,000 per annum, pro rata – Dependent on experience
For a bright, enthusiastic and hard working paddler, this is a great opportunity for those looking to start their journey into more senior roles within the outdoor industry.
With a start date in March 2020, this is a 4 day a week contract, however due to the seasonal nature of the business you will work more hours in the summer period and less over the winter months. Working hours/days per week and wages can be negotiated but you will be required to work a minimum of alternate weekends and up to 3 evenings a week through June, July and September.
This is one job role which splits your time between 2 key areas.
1. Centre Supervisor
You will work alongside the management team and deck crew to make sure the day to day running of the centre is looked after. This includes the below areas
a) Helping to serve customers in our paddle sports shop offering excellent customer service and working within agreed procedure to process customer orders and sales.
b) Assisting your manager and working with deck crew on the day to day running of the boat hire.
c) Assisting your manager in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the centre.
2. Paddle Sports Coach
As a paddlesport coach you will take a role in the planning and delivery of a wide range of sessions across different disciplines (Canoe, Kayak and SUP). We deliver a large programme of courses and sessions which include school groups, children's courses, adult qualification courses and training, birthday parties and adult weekends away.
- Enthusiasm towards paddlesport
- UKCC Level 2 Coach/Paddlesport Coach award or working towards this level
- First class telephone manner and interpersonal skills
- Good level of computer literacy and numeracy
- Able to work under own initiative and within a team
- Reliable, organised, and able to work under pressure
- Hold a mature and responsible attitude to work
- Evidence of success in a previous supervisory or leadership role
- Customer service experience
- Full driving licence & own transport
- Any Leadership Qualifications – White Water, Canoe or Sea
Successful candidates are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure at the company’s expense. To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. If you require more information please feel free to call us for an informal chat on 01926 88 99 28.
Closing date for applications: 20th December 2019
Start Date – March 2020