Plas Dol y Moch Outdoor Education Centre
Plas Dol y Moch Outdoor Education Centre invites applications for a Trainee Outdoor Instructor.
We are a local authority centre, owned and operated by Coventry City Council since 1966 to provide outdoor, residential experiences to groups of young people from Coventry.
We provide our courses to a broad range of Coventry primary, secondary and special school pupils from Year 5 to Year 13.
The post will commence as soon as possible and end early August 2020.
We would welcome your application if you:
· Enjoy the challenge of working with young people
· Have a passion for teaching in the outdoor environment and natural world
· Enjoy challenging outdoor and adventurous activities
· Are committed to your own development.
As a Trainee at Plas Dol y Moch you will be expected to
· Help to deliver memorable educational experiences by introducing pupils to the ‘awe and ‘wonder’ of Snowdonia.
· Aspire to progress from an observing / assisting role to being able to share the leadership of outdoor learning sessions.
· Contribute to the general running of the centre by working alongside staff in the teaching, admin, hospitality and site teams.
· Help to maintain and develop the centre and its resources to ensure a high quality of course provision.
What we will provide:
· £280 per month salary. This is effectively the National Apprenticeship Rate, with a monthly deduction for the provision of your board and lodging during term time.
· Opportunities to develop your group leadership skills with guidance and support from the teaching staff team.
· A personalised training plan will be agreed with your mentor on appointment to enable you to progress your National Governing Body awards. Previous post-holders have successfully been appointed as Assistant Teacher of Outdoor Education at the centre on completion of their Trainee contract. We expect a strong commitment from you to the centre and the scheme, which will result in you being able to maximise your time with us and be rewarded with a variety of experiences and access to appropriate training and/or assessment courses to.
Applications must be received by 12 noon on the 4th November 2019
For more details of the post and how to apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, ring the centre on 01766 510200 to speak to a member of staff personally